Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't yet have my truck (hopefully Friday) so I'm hoping someone can give me a hand about this. I have an idea for the complete system to install in the truck, but with the subs i want to use I need enough space behind the rear seat to fit a box that measures ~10.25" at the bottom and ~5" at the top. Can someone give me a general idea of how many clicks I'll be losing and approximately how far forward the seat will have to be from it's farthest back locations? :ts:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would say around 5 clicks. Why dont you use a shallow mount sub? I just purchased a polk audio mm1040dvc it only requires less than 5" to mount.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard a shallow mount sub, and I don't know if they can produce the same deep bass response that a pair a 12's can. I want to use a pair of Elemental Designs 13Ov.2's if I don't sacrifice too much room. I may be forced into a 10" of some type.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have heard good things about the polk audio and other shallow mount subs. Google and see what comes up, they also make shallow 12's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RE Audio...one of the best shallow mount subs on the market. Tech12volts.com Great prices and service. Search and you will see his sub boxes, service and knowledge are great. They can make a sub enclosure for one or two RE Audio subs and lose no clicks and hit hard.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I PMed him a couple of weeks ago asking questions about the RE subs, but didn't get a response. I'm not against shallow mount, I just haven't heard one and need to do some research on output.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i used 3 jl 10" w3's in my 08 cm. it hits way to hard.... its perfect. i only lost one click. mounted subs at bottom of box and also removed the back plastic piece on the rear wall because theres a ton of dead space back there. i would highly recomend doing that.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i used 3 jl 10" w3's in my 08 cm. it hits way to hard.... its perfect. i only lost one click. mounted subs at bottom of box and also removed the back plastic piece on the rear wall because theres a ton of dead space back there. i would highly recomend doing that.
Just to make sure I understand this...you have the full size JL 10W3's (JL's site shows 5.93" mounting depth) and you only lost one click?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts