Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered and have a Crewmax on order. Spec'd out a 4X4 SR5 with TRD package. These things are hard to come by. My dealer ordered it via dealer preference which now we are waitng on the order to get matched. It looks like this website is full of information. Great to be here. Anybody know what is the biggest size BFG All Terrain will fit under this truck? I have the 18" wheels coming. Based on what I have seen the wheel wells are very shallow and have that strut inside just behind the tire. I was just looking to widen the stance, and the BFG A/T's have been an awesome tire on my Sequoia. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Yes, these CrewMaxes are hard to come by. I have a theory that since CrewMaxes will not be available from the San Antonio plant until August, fewer CrewMaxes will be allocated to this region until then. Why transport all of those big trucks all the way to Texas from New Jersey or Indiana when you can easily sell them in the midwest or northeast right now? Sell 'em in Texas when you can build 'em in Texas. These things are expensive to ship - probably twice as expensive as the previous generation Tundras.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just registered and have a Crewmax on order. Spec'd out a 4X4 SR5 with TRD package. These things are hard to come by. My dealer ordered it via dealer preference which now we are waitng on the order to get matched. It looks like this website is full of information. Great to be here. Anybody know what is the biggest size BFG All Terrain will fit under this truck? I have the 18" wheels coming. Based on what I have seen the wheel wells are very shallow and have that strut inside just behind the tire. I was just looking to widen the stance, and the BFG A/T's have been an awesome tire on my Sequoia. Thanks in advance.
CONGRATS on your Crewmax!!! I just placed my order on Monday. What I'm looking for isn't in stock anywhere, so special order for me. How long is your dealer speculating for delivery?

Sorry....I don't know anything about the tires, but everyone here is so knowledgeable and helpful....I'm sure you'll get your answer! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer has been on vacation and is due back next week. We are hoping the order got matched when he was gone. It looks like once the order gets matched he is speculating 4-6 weeks. Again, he is guessing as this is unchartered territory on a brand new model. We'll see...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went in looking at a DC, to compare with the Chevy, didn't even think the Crewmaxes were out yet. I pulled in the lot and they had just unloaded their first one, a day before. He gave me a lease price that I thought was a mistake (in my favor mind you), it was so low. Three days later, I had it in my driveway and couldn't be happier. I have yet to see another Crewmax on the road in the two weeks I've had mine. From what I've read and the Crewmaxes selling so well, but also in short supply, I'm pretty glad I pulled the trigger on the Crewmax.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in luck. My the dealer order was matched:D I checked out a few Crewmax trucks on the lot while I was there today. Awesome truck and I can't wait. Now who wants to buy my Sequoia?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts