Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so for of you that remember... Yes I did attempt a 4 link build before and the end result was very unsafe handling.

As for the whole story... I'd rather not get into all the details of that. If you want to check out the previous build it is here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/150456-rcsb-5-link-rear-suspension-progress/

This is my new build. There are many other mods I will unveil soon too.

New 4 link will consist of SwayAway 2.5 8" Remote Reservoir shocks (Also a set of front SwayAway 2.5's re-valved and tuned for the street. Eibach coils all the way around and a 32gal Jaz fuel cell.

Here are some pics of the progress thus far. I'll update this as it goes along.

I am also selling some parts in the For Sale section for anyone thats interested, a Leer 550 Tonneau, a Tundra Racing rear Valance, some stock rear shocks with about 10k miles on them and an IS350 Steering wheel with paddle shifters.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
apinteca, kudos on putting so much time in coming up with new ways to mod these trucks. Keep up the great work.

Jowett, adjustable Ohlins eh? Insterested....

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's nice to see this moving again!

Send those Sway Away shocks back, I'll have adjustable Ohlins soon. :cool: We should be fitting some up in the next few weeks.
Fronts or rears?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Can you elaborate more on the "very unsafe handling" ??

You guys put a lot of work into that design, just curious what ended up causing an issue.

thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey so heres the next update guys.

Why the truck had what I called unsafe handling before was for a few reasons. The geometry of the link setup was all wrong. The Panhard bar setup was all wrong as well. Basically it was a pure drag setup. The front has 10 inches of travel and the rear had 5 inches of travel. In a corner as soon as the inside tire drooped all the way it would lift off the ground. You can only imagine how VSC dealt with all of this.

So about the new company... Viking Offroad Engineering. The owner/fabricator, Sean Person, has a Mechanical Engineering degree from CSUN. All the work thus far has been impeccable. The customer service is right on par with the welding. I get at least 2 calls a week to be updated on the progress.

Viking Offroad Engineering is building a file on this 4 link build for our tundras that way he can easily create a weld on kit. He is making templates and everything is saved on CAD.

I'll have a lot more pics on Monday :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Thanks for the update. What is the estimated completion time on this project?? Can't wait for the test.:D

Are they planning on doing independent rear suspension?... in the future??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright well here are some more recent pictures just taken from my camera phone. I'll have to update at the end of the week when I get back in town.

The Tundra now has Camburg upper control arms and Mcgaughys spindles. I also just came up on a beautiful set of 3 piece forged 22's courtesy of Supramn who really hooked me up :D

I beginning to think I should call this Operation Traction! 4-link rear, 305/40/22 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT's, an auburn gear LSD and then the fuel cell and two 40lb batterys all mounted behind the axle. Plus I'll also have a spare mounted in the bed right above the axle and thats about 80lbs. Can't wait to see how this bad boy hooks up!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Looks good. I know you had problems with your first build suspension wise, but what were your thoughts on the boxed frame you did?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Dayyummm would buying a new lambo be more cost efficient? :heh:

Cant wait for the finished product!! :dance: :dance:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts