1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
819 Posts
I like the black dash. My interior is almost color matched to my exterior. I got the gray and silver interior with the silver sky crew max. I would be pissed if I had any other color truck.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the other variations of Tundra come with the silver dash like in picture B??

Does the Base Tundra come with a shifter that is not on the steering column?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought a grade crewmax with bench front seat and I got the shifter on the column. I think to get the floor shifter you got to get the bucket seat option. I believe that all the tundras have the silver or carbon fiber. That is the first pic I have seen of a black dash.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've been beating myself up forever about this.... When I ordered my truck, there was only one color... The other catch, is that I wanted all the bells and whistle, and at the time, the Limited was all there was... naturally... you cannot(at least could not) get black interior(carpet as well) with the limited.... as they didn't offer black leather...

I've considered buying all the pieces for the darker colored dash... but then I think it would be retarded, as I could easily get away allot cheaper just by painting what I have....

I've even considered trading in my truck for a Platinum CM with the black trim... But then, I have to pay out the arse to get rid of all the chrome exterior pieces, and ugly wood junk in the interior...in which I do not like chrome, and won't have it on any of my vehicles... that's just me...

As it is... I spent a butt load of cash, getting my truck the way I wanted it... not to mention that I'm stuck with all the pieces I replaced(handles..mirror caps..bumpers..etc), as the dealer wouldn't take it...

Main point being... Toyo doesn't offer a package that is suiting to me.... In 09, they did come out with a Sport package that came close... but not in a limited version with leather...

If only they offered black leather...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yes bench seats get the column shifter and buckets get the console shifter. I like the black dash pieces man. Looks so much better than silver, black, and redrock.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I was wondering if any other Tundra models had the same black dash as well as the black piece near the shifter
Only the base model and WT package trucks have the black dash (both of which only come with the bench seat), all others have the silver dash like the Sequoias.

·
Registered
860 Posts
the 2010s have a darker gray dash, almost charcoal, buckets or bench (at least I would imagine). I posted a pic of mine somewhere, you might find it if you search my posts.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Only the base model and WT package trucks have the black dash (both of which only come with the bench seat), all others have the silver dash like the Sequoias.
My dealer has an appearance/sport DC with the darker dash... black on black.... bucket seats...

Cloth seats though :td:

I also believe their sole Platinum has the darker dash color...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
My dealer has an appearance/sport DC with the darker dash... black on black.... bucket seats...

When I was buying my tundra, I got to the final deal I needed to buy it and I said throw in leather and I'll sign. They went for it. It's not factory leather but it was done by a shop and it looks great to me. The dealer said it was $1000 worth of covers and labor. I doubt that though!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'd love to see a picture of that. The silver dash seems like such an afterthought, as if to make the driver area seem more intimate??

This is a picture of our Highlander interior, much nicer than my Sequoia that technically costs 2x as much :attention:

·
Registered
137 Posts
That black dash is awesome! I don't mind the stock silver though, I have the gray interior.

If I had a black interior, I'd prefer a black dash.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
JMS, i know u wouldnt try rattle can like some people on here (good), but maybe u can get a body shop to paint them professionally, in satin or flat black?

·
Registered
797 Posts
JMS, i know u wouldnt try rattle can like some people on here (good), but maybe u can get a body shop to paint them professionally, in satin or flat black?
I went the rattle can route lol (the one pictured)
I used the satin black and it came out just like the base model JMS posted.
Then again, u can go ahead and take it to a shop like Barney sugest, or trade with someone with a base model tundra. Im sure someone might be willing to trade. Its hard for us to find something we like. Im sure if ours came with black dash and only the limited/platinum came with the silver, i would be all over the silver one lol

These are some pictures I found of the 2010 darker grey
I think these look better

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here are some better pics that show the new grey

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
the new gray does look alot better than bright silver IMO. not sure why they chose the silver they did. now, im probally in the minority here, but if they had made a gloss silver like chrysler does in some of their cars, it would look alot better to me. the flat rough texture silver just didnt do too much for me.

oh and he cant trade with a base model. the base is only avail with column shift...not the buckets so yeah the IP would most likely swap over but not the console piece that goes up to it....too bad..cause i think it would look good.

i do think though, as much abuse as interior parts take, that a good body shop can paint it well and make it look like an OEM finish. If not, try mid america's corvette catalog. if im not mistaking, they had a slightly textured rubbery type of paint that was used to repaint the factory corvette trim that peeled, etc. u might be able to properly prep and use that and not have just a hard flat black feel....a slightly "soft" feel might be good. i dunno.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate all the suggestions, I guess the newer interior is a darker silver and not black that matches the rest of the dash. I like the silver as an accent on the doors/shifter/etc but it's a bit much to have half the dash silver.

BF is definitely right about me not doing it myself, I'll talk to my paint guy to see if he could get an exact match, otherwise I'll just deal with it.

I have to find out what RIjon uses, this looks pretty close???

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think he uses textured plastic thats molded throughout..but i might be wrong. ive been wrong once or twice before.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts