Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
That's pretty cool. Apparently they gave the rancher a 2010 to test, let's hope it doesn't have the VVTi issue!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Nice links. I will be right behind this guy, I will average about 30k a year (+). I hope mine lasts as long as that one.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Those are awesome vids no doubt.... although.. the paint was a bit too nice for me to believe....
My paint sucks with a big fat S.... And my truck has never come that close to that kind of work...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Decent series, obviously biased though. It would be a little more believable if they mentioned a couple items that broke or failed, and how they redesigned it. In terms of the paint, if he isn't getting rock chips from other drivers in front of him, or door dings from the idiot parking next to him... it might hold up a lot better than on your vehicle or mine.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Decent series, obviously biased though. It would be a little more believable if they mentioned a couple items that broke or failed, and how they redesigned it. In terms of the paint, if he isn't getting rock chips from other drivers in front of him, or door dings from the idiot parking next to him... it might hold up a lot better than on your vehicle or mine.
LOL.. he actually mentioned not washing it.... Otherwise it would look like trash, like mine...
I need to post a pic of how a bird destroyed mine, within a day of it sitting at work.... I will either ask for Toyota to help me paint my truck the way it should have been painted...or sell it...

I do believe the 100K engine and tranny story though....
I am surprised that they didn't mention the wallowed out receiver pin as well....

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Wow that is really impressive. Don't think many other half tons could stand up to that kind of abuse and towing double the suggested tow ratings on a daily basis.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
100,000 miles the original brake pads still in it, WOW! I replaced mine when it was 30,000 miles and the pads pretty much were shot.

BT
I agree. Probably would've gone through at least 3 sets of pads on all four corners.:confused:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I wonder how many cows were run over by unintended acceleration? Alleged driver was the rooster (pictured below), victims Larry, Mo and Curly were supposedly protesting when the case of 'unintended acceleration' occurred. Investigation is ongoing, rooster is out on bail in the mean time. Supposedly, when questioned for his reason to why he crossed the road (in a Tundra), the rooster cried out "REVENGE!!"

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I LOVE Chick fil a!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
would like to see something like this with the "big" 3 trucks. i have 68,000 miles and no problems, and tow a trailer

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'm with nomadic. Toyota should give the same ranchers 3 Big 3 trucks to drive alongside the Tundra while doing the same tasks over the same period of time and break them all down at the end to see the REAL winner.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There was no closeups at 100K but Im sure it was battle scarred. These didn't appear to be the type who worry too much about that considering it got washed twice in its life.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts