Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i'm a bit annoyed.

TPMS-- i bought a set off ebay for my new wheel/tire setup...the Tire Factory said "no problem" well, the tpms light has been on since then, so, i took it to the dealer.
they said they needed to register the tpms to the vehicle and happily charged me $100 to do so.

the light is still on...tire pressure is good

i should mention that i'm running 285/55/20 BFG all terrains

tire balance- the truck had a shake at 65, so i got them rebalanced, now the shake is at 55.

LineX- got the linex sprayed in a few months ago, been loving it for dirtbike hauling, but i had to remove a retaining wall and a bunch of dirt from my yard...after a few loads, my bed looks like it's a peeling sunburn with scrapes and cuts all over it....argh...I met a guy at the dump wiht a rhino liner, he didn't have the problem and was using it the same.

in cab filter...when i had the tundra serviced, i said, hey, throw a new cabin air filter in there...well, i know it's 15 bucks more than the part store charges, and i know it's an easy install, but i'm short on time, so go dealer go....well as soon as i turn on my AC, i hear a big grinding sound and have to remove the filter to take a handful of leaves out....guess that didn't save me much time.

seat belt chime....dealer refused to turn off even the passenger side...annoying.

so, now i've got to ***** at the Toyota dealer, the tire store, and the linex store.
man, that's a big **** list!

anyone else have tpms problems with my size BFG's?
anyone else have balance problems with my size BFG's?
anyone else have the same problem with LineX?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Balance....you need a lug-centric balance. I had the same problems as you. Make sure the dealer or whoever is balancing your wheels has one of these:

TPMS....the S/N on the TPMS is probably not in the ECU correctly, the dealer will have to try again. You may have purchased a bad one. The dealer can tell you that too.

Line-X....the prep was probably not done right. Line-X will fix it for free.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info on the lug centric balancing....I appreciate it.

i know all the stuff is fixable, and probably for "free"....it's just going to take a full day to get it all done...and i've got other projects.
the tundra was supposed to be a project helper, not a project maker!

ah well....as it goes!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sounds like your issues are with after market items that were added to your truck and selecting the right person to complete the job, not with the Tundra. All sound like they can be very easily fixed.

Go to another dealer for the seat belt chime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
absolutely true.
i work in the motorcycle industry and am all too familiar with aftermarket items causing more problems than they "fix"
but the tire thing...gotta have tires and it's not like they're 44's or something!
i guess my issue is doing everything again...nothing right the first time..and all the time it will take...and that is why i needed to vent!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Sounds like your having problems with your trucks accessories and not the truck itself...i know duhhhh right? haha

Iv'e heard a lot of people complain about BFG's being really hard to balance, i had to have my dealer balance mine twice before they got it right so my steering wheel wouldn't shake. I got 305's but i know "MorningGlory" has had problems with his 285 BFG's you could talk to him.

Sorry i couldnt help more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
there is a post in here somewhere about the toyota programable features. I printed a copy and showed my dealer the seatbelt option on/off. they did it for free no questions asked. They did it the same day they installed my lift .so it was not a special trip (maybe why they did it free)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
there is a post in here somewhere about the toyota programable features. I printed a copy and showed my dealer the seatbelt option on/off. they did it for free no questions asked. They did it the same day they installed my lift .so it was not a special trip (maybe why they did it free)
I think your dealer should be able to turn the seat belt ding off, i had them turn it off in my 2010 sequoia right after we just bought it, and i know other users on here have had it turned off in their Tundra's, you might have a bum dealer or something dude....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
the seat belt dinger can be shut off with the techstream,, takes about 15 minutes to do..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts