Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!!! My '05 Tundra sheds the stock alloy 16s for some new wheels. While I was at it, got some new tires too.

17X8 ATX Ledge Teflon Black wheels
LT285/70/17E Nitto Trail Grappler tires

Jason at Signature Performance Tire & Wheel hooked it up! Best deal I could find anywhere on this setup. Thanks for going the extra mile and finding me the only set of 6-5.5, 17", Teflon black, ATX Ledge wheels in the country. Seriously, thank you bro. It was worth the wait! I've heard nothing but compliments from everyone who sees them. They are BADASS!!:devil: I went to my Toyota dealership to get an alignment yesterday and the service advisor and one of the body shop guys were both diggin on the new ATX wheels. The techs wouldn't even do the alignment because they didn't want to scratch the wheels.... hah

A few pics to get a lil taste... :slobber:

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Re: Tundra got NEW ATX Ledge wheels & Nitto Trail Grapplers!

Perfection! Here's the beef!!!

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

These tires ride so damn nice. For a Load Range E, I think they're smoother than my D range BFG A/T's. Even on my local 3rd world roads. And the road noise on these Nitto M/T's is nowhere near what you'd hear on a BFG M/T.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That looks sweet. I love the color combination. I toying with the idea of going black on the wheels because I hate polished alloy at this point, but I am not sure if I like it on a gray truck. Looks awesome on the blue.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks sweet. I love the color combination. I toying with the idea of going black on the wheels because I hate polished alloy at this point, but I am not sure if I like it on a gray truck. Looks awesome on the blue.
The wheels are actually ATX's Teflon coated style, which is a dark gray. I'll get some better pics of the wheels once it stops raining here.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Looking good! I like the setup on your ride. Surprised to see the tires are quieter than the BFG. Another bene there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thats a clean tundra! Maybe I'll see you cruisin in the 757 one day, even though I'm out towards Suffolk. Looks sick! :tu:

·
Registered
187 Posts
nice set-up, I'm jealous. Are you sure this is the only set,or are you just trying to keep me from copying you?

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only set Currently available. ATX is manufacturing more but they weren't making any promises on delivery dates. The 17" and our bolt pattern were sold out. Jason at SignaturePTW worked some serious overtime finding me this set, that's for sure. Hahaha. Ask him! lol

You should def get them though!

Sent from my iPhone using the ad-free Autoguide app.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sick! I originally wanted a blue Tundra. You did well, nice set-up :tu: P.S. Where do I find one of those radio antennas?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Looks good man. I think the problem with those are that there a new wheel, wait a few months then just like everything, everyone will have them. I'd like to know where you got your side steps from though, I can not find them any where for my 2000. And as for those wheels, I checked my wheel supplier, and they had no stock on them aswell.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks friggin awesome!! :cool: How do you like the Trail Grapplers so far?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sick truck! I'm diggin' the grille.

·
Registered
390 Posts
very, very nice. great color combo.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good man. I think the problem with those are that there a new wheel, wait a few months then just like everything, everyone will have them. I'd like to know where you got your side steps from though, I can not find them any where for my 2000. And as for those wheels, I checked my wheel supplier, and they had no stock on them aswell.
Ya know what, I saw these wheels on Sons of Guns the other day. I wonder if that helped their sales...

Side steps are N-Fabs for a Taco DC. I cut off the mounting brackets, mounted them to my truck, then welded the step rails back on them. N-Fab doesn't manufacture a side step for the Tundra AC. The Taco DC had the closest length steps wheelwell to wheelwell.

Sick! I originally wanted a blue Tundra. You did well, nice set-up :tu: P.S. Where do I find one of those radio antennas?
Generic antenna mounted to an adapter from a different generic antenna. lol

That looks friggin awesome!! :cool: How do you like the Trail Grapplers so far?
Thanks man! They're nice. Some of the reviews I read about them online said they were squirrely on the pavement, but I haven't felt that yet. I'm still amazed at the lack of road noise for a MT tire. They do throw a lot of sh*t off the tread though. A good thing for a mud tire. A bad thing for a paint job!

How's the grille holdin up?

·
Registered
447 Posts
They do throw a lot of sh*t off the tread though. A good thing for a mud tire. A bad thing for a paint job!
Man, no lie. I'll be driving down the road, look out the driver or passenger window and I see water spraying from the tires like a freakin' fountain, all over everything! I can't ever roll down the windows lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
The grille is holding up well! Pretty much all of the comments made about my truck are about the grille lol. Most people ask me where they can get one...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts