Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2010 white tundra. I live in NE and travel frequently all year but am mainly concerned in the fall with large numbers of deer/vehicle collisions. These new Tundras have a serious amount of plastic on the front and one collision with a deer will ultimately put the truck out of commission for awhile. I need to purchase and install a grill guard to my Tundra to add protectioon from animal collisions but also look good. I am looking at the Westin classic grill guards as they look solid and have multiple bars in the middle.

I am curious if any of you have any pics and if so can send me pics of your tundra with the crome and powdercoated black grill guards. I am not sure what will look the best on the white truck. Also any opinions on the Westin classic grill guards? thanks much

Jay L.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
6 Posts
For your situation I'd go with something 1-piece non-modular. Modular bars have a tendency to vibrate loose. No grille guard is designed for protection, but they do help. Your best bet would be Stainless Steel. The powder coat black grille guards have a tendency to rust here in the northeast. One simple stone chip is all it takes. Plus all the salt in the winter only adds to the corrosion. I don't know how much of that you experience in Nebraska though. So powder coat may be sufficient for you. Westin and Aries offer nice products. I don't believe Westin offers the classic for Toyota. They have the E-Series and Sportsman and Aries has a one-piece full grille guard as well. Pm me if you have any questions.

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a need for one as well, but ive been looking for one that holds 4 lights across. has anyone seen a grille guard like that for the tundra?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maylon, are you still here in NWLa? I could have sworn I saw you yesterday over on the west side of S'port?
Thanks
Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts