Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed and waxed the new Tundra this afternoon. For anyone that is or has ever lived in Alaska it is the begining of Break Up. That means lots of melting snow. Vehicles don't stay clean long but it is a great time of year. Winter is over. Anyone else have to plug in their trucks at night?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Washed and waxed the new Tundra this afternoon. For anyone that is or has ever lived in Alaska it is the begining of Break Up. That means lots of melting snow. Vehicles don't stay clean long but it is a great time of year. Winter is over. Anyone else have to plug in their trucks at night?

Truck looks great! Beautiful :tu: Does that block heater come as an option from the dealer? I like it! It would be really useful.

I need to get up to Alaska one day. Must be beautiful up there. Maybe if I get a new Tundra I'll take a long road trip from PA :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I hear ya its a freakin mess down here in anchorage! My cars stay filthy for a while now? waste of time and money to try and keep them clean

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow. I cannot even imagine living in that climate.

I consider 6 or 8 days below freezing to be an unusually cold winter. I can't remember the last time I saw snow on the ground - or even in the air for that matter. :eek:

Nice truck, though!

·
Registered
71 Posts

I see you have a TRD, is your truck 4X4 or 2X? If 2X can you comment on how it is in the snow?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice color///I got my new DC with paint sealant from dealer...he says I'll never have to wax it ...ever... with that. Sounded good to me cause I hate waxing.

What say you re:paint sealant stuff??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Truck looks great! Beautiful :tu: Does that block heater come as an option from the dealer? I like it! It would be really useful.

I need to get up to Alaska one day. Must be beautiful up there. Maybe if I get a new Tundra I'll take a long road trip from PA :D

It looks good going to try waxing mine tomorrow
The block heater where did you get it F the Auto start I'll plug it in and save gas $3.05 a gallon WTF

but really where did you get it

·
Registered
528 Posts
Man...that picture is smurfed up! Nice looking truck but keep the smurfing smurfs away from the camera.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Nice color///I got my new DC with paint sealant from dealer...he says I'll never have to wax it ...ever... with that. Sounded good to me cause I hate waxing.

What say you re:paint sealant stuff??

I wouldnt belive him. It's just turtle wax. You would be much better off at preventing paint damage by just waxing with "normal" wax. I recomend Duragloss #105 TPP and AquaWax Spray wax for an easy long lasting combination.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Actually block heaters are standard equipment for all vehicles delivered in my area.As for polish,I find Zaino the easiest to apply and the longest lasting.It is not a wax at all and does not leave the white residue and does not yellow.

Zaino Store

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I waxed the truck with MeGuiars NXT. We use it on the Vette also. I used to use Zaino on the Vette but it is easier to get MeGuiars here. The truck has a battery heater, a block heater and a tranmission heater. I will add an interior heater this fall.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ya block heaters in anchorage at least are subsidized by the state/city so you just have to pay 25 bucks for it to be installed... has to do with emissions and federal funding and the fact that our air quality when its really cold out sucks(at least how they test air quality)

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
As for polish,I find Zaino the easiest to apply and the longest lasting.It is not a wax at all and does not leave the white residue and does not yellow.

Zaino Store

Duragloss #105 TPP and AW are the same thing as Zaino. Exact same formula for about $30 cheaper and is available locally. Also, it's not just Zaino that will not yellow or leave residue. Any high-quality paint sealant (or carnauba for that matter) will not "yellow" paint or leave behind residue. I actually wax my plastic trim instead of dressing it with tire-dressing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes, how is it in the snow? My old man is in the market for one (in mtns of NH) and he's a little hesitant on the whole electronic traction stuff TRAC,VSC limiting the driver input.

No snow tires in AK? A set Nokians would be the $hit. Then again I don't want to think how much 18's are! plus rims, plus the annoying TMPS monitors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Actually block heaters are standard equipment for all vehicles delivered in my area.As for polish,I find Zaino the easiest to apply and the longest lasting.It is not a wax at all and does not leave the white residue and does not yellow.

Zaino Store

Is it a factory option or is it and aftermarket item

If factory do you have the Part number

·
Registered
148 Posts
Duragloss #105 TPP and AW are the same thing as Zaino. Exact same formula for about $30 cheaper and is available locally. Also, it's not just Zaino that will not yellow or leave residue. Any high-quality paint sealant (or carnauba for that matter) will not "yellow" paint or leave behind residue. I actually wax my plastic trim instead of dressing it with tire-dressing.
brandon1,

I've tried Turtle Wax ICE, but have been following your recommendations for Duragloss. Duragloss #105 and AW do not leave white residue at all? What about #652 polish?

How I understand your recommendations it should be:
1. Wash
2. Clay if needed
3. Polish with #652
4. Polish with #105
5. Aqua Wax
6. Aqua Wax every car wash

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts