Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when parky and lookin at my truck from the rear it look like to b sitting lower in the driverside rear ? whats the cause ? bushings, shocks or sumthing , i do have an aal and new shock awit to b installed would that remedy this promblem ?? ikno i have seen a thread about this but cant find it

thanks
pete

·
Registered
609 Posts
For starter the gas tank is on that side, and just wondering what you weight ..... LOL

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i figured that also. . . but it even is like that when i am at 1/4 tank. . . . full tank i can understand . . . . . .

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
FWIW most vehicles are measurably different from one to another but noticeably could indicate another issue. springs may wear on one side differently than the other is one cause, worn bushings or other parts is another, or drinking heavily (like you must have before you attempted to type the original post) could lead to a leaning appearance too. :)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,561 Posts
Even with a full tank of gas AND a driver, the truck should sit level. The Tundra is a 1/2 ton vehicle. If you are really noticing a tilt, then something is worn/failing/misinstalled on the rear suspension. How old are your rear shocks? Do you tow/haul heavy loads?

Have you made actual measurements of the height difference? Try measuring both the ground-to-fender distance as well as the frame-to-leaf spring distance on both sides for a diagnostic comparison. Post up what you find.

I'd gather that is either the leaf springs, shackle bushings, and/or the rear shocks themselves.

·
Registered
240 Posts
When a heavy person sits in my passenger seat it seams to lean to the right. It seems to lean to the right a little even without someone in the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I found the same with my truck after I leveled it out (even with the toytec coilovers) it is 1/2 inch taller on the right front side. I never did check the rear though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FWIW most vehicles are measurably different from one to another but noticeably could indicate another issue. springs may wear on one side differently than the other is one cause, worn bushings or other parts is another, or drinking heavily (like you must have before you attempted to type the original post) could lead to a leaning appearance too. :)
lol yea sorry bout that i type like crap finialy sumone noticed !!! and yea thats when i was thinking ina take measurements and cheak every thing out tomo at wrk and will post my findings !!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Mine is the same way. It seems to have settled that way, but I first noticed it in about '06, and I just laid it off to the fat guy who drives it all the time; never thought about the weight of the gas tank. Had a Chevelle SS that had a set to the right due to the constant torque of the radical big blocks that I ran in it; all that pounding and twisting from hard acceleration, yanno.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Mine is level side to side. This is very curious. I know there is a phenomenon known as "taco lean" that gen 1 Tacoma owners suffer from. Apparently since in japan they drive sits on the other side of the vehicle, the gas tank balances the truck. In America we sit on the same side as the gas tank and that causes Tacomas to lean.

However, I agree with Remmy, the Tundra has heavier suspension than the Tacoma and so should not be affected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Huked on fonics?

mine leans a little also, not very noticable so i dont care ha

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
lean like a cholo?:pound:

or better yet, lean like a cholo! :heh::pop2:

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Yeah one of my nuts is sagging as well. Dunno about the truck yet (didn't look).
P.S. original poster - horrible typing on purpose. For god's sake - TS does spell checking for you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so i measured , and even b4 and after with the lift its a 1/2'' difference from passenger to driver (driver side being lower)
i also decided to measure the front and go the opposite with the passenger being lower , i thing its a driveway messing with me . . . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts