Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to lease a tundra, and the dealer is wanting me to do a 12.000 mile a year lease. and him and i both know that im going to use like 25,000 a year. he says after my 36 month lease is up, even after im that many miles over my limit that i still wont owe anything if i trade it in for something else. because he said that my truck will be worth more than i will owe for the overage. if you know what im talking about let me know. i dont want to get screwed on a lease, but i think this is the best way to go....thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
im looking to lease a tundra, and the dealer is wanting me to do a 12.000 mile a year lease. and him and i both know that im going to use like 25,000 a year. he says after my 36 month lease is up, even after im that many miles over my limit that i still wont owe anything if i trade it in for something else. because he said that my truck will be worth more than i will owe for the overage. if you know what im talking about let me know. i dont want to get screwed on a lease, but i think this is the best way to go....thanks
My dealer told me the same thing and I didn't get a good feeling, so I purchased instead.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You and I spoke via email and I will communicate to you, here, the same thing here I did in email:

So you plan to drive a truck 75K miles.
A Tundra that Toyota will amortize over 36K miles at a specific figure you plan to drive more than twice that amount of miles and expect to have equity? Believe that what the salesman says is true?

I'll resist the urge to say the obvious. Just make the salesman sign that contract with you as your co-buyer so he is equally responsible for the thousands of dollars you'll owe in negative mileage charges and / or negative equity and have your deal.

If the salesman refuses to sign as co-owner, you have your answer, don't you?

I hope you hear me, get my point? If you cannot afford the truck's payments at a real, reduced residual of whatever 75K miles will be for lease payments, then you do not need that truck. You are on the wrong truck. Or, you need a 2nd car to keep the miles down to whatever you agreed to drive so you do not get burned at 15cents a mile. That's what the mileage penalty is three years down the road. 15 cents a mile x 40,000 miles is $6,000.

Dianne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts