Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about ready to make an offer on a new house, but my 08 double cab (not the crew max) tundra with the 6ft 6 inch bed won't fit in the garage length wise. Is the double cab long bed Tacoma shorter?

If so, anybody wanna swap an 08 Tundra with 25k miles for a similar year/mileage Taco?

Thanks!!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Toyota.com

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
exactly what i was going to say.

and why wont it fit? mine will fit in mine...and mine is a standard garage. sure its VERY close, and i cant leave the hitch in but it will fit even with the bull bar...it just has to be practically touching the wall....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went there, but for some reason my computer was operating painfully slow loading the pages. Was hoping somebody here might know off the top of their head. No biggie.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm about ready to make an offer on a new house, but my 08 double cab (not the crew max) tundra with the 6ft 6 inch bed won't fit in the garage length wise. Is the double cab long bed Tacoma shorter?

If so, anybody wanna swap an 08 Tundra with 25k miles for a similar year/mileage Taco?

Thanks!!

Yes, Tocoma is about 20 inches shorter than a Tundra (208 vs 229). (I think this figure is for Crewmax (which is same as Doublecab with standard bed) and Taco doublecab)

Personally, though, I would rather park my truck outside than to trade in for a Tacoma, even though it is still a nice truck. If the cab size/hp is not an issue, trading in may be an option. Make sure that you could fit a Taco in your garage. It will suck if you trade your truck and find out that your new truck doesn't fit either.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I didn't realize spenser has posted length specs already. His number for Taco seems to be different from mine. Mine was from Consumer Report (for 2010 model).

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
park the sh/t outside, don't settle for a taco!
+1, I would rather park outside personally. I do live in the south though so it doesn't get so cold in the winter

·
Supporter
111 Posts
Well I have both of the vehicles and if you had a Tundra it would be pretty hard to move to a tundra that said the long bed Tacoma is only about 8 inches shorter than the Tundra DB cab w/6.5' bed.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
My 06 A/C Gen 1 Tundra does not fit in the garage at the FL house. We live in downtown Orlando, in a house built in 1950s. Very tight, short, dinky 2 car garage. Canopy of Oak trees. It is a pain the azz leaving it in the driveway when I have it here (Tenn house built specifically with extra deep garage). I'm blowing leaves and crap off it every morning. It's virtually impossible to keep it clean.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Buy another house or extend/build a new garage? Or park it outside maybe?

Seriously, I would measure it to be sure. Often when pullig upto a wall in the Tundra, its not as close to it as you think. My garage is 21 feet deep. No idea what is standard, but no reason whay mine would be deeper than average.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I had no idea garages could be used to store vehicles.

:)
They are for storing cra.., er, stuff. I'm ashamed to say I have a 3 car garage, that even has extra space on the left hand side, so its wider than a 3 car, and there are no vehicles in it. I just measured it. It is 21 by 32. 672 square feet and no room for a vehicle. I have literally had apartments smaller than that.

That's pretty bad.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 3 car garage as well, however, it's two doors so one side measures 21' plus some inches while the other measures more than 40 ft. 20 to 21 is about norm for most houses here in Houston. And this statement applies to some of the houses also built in the late 70's and early 80's.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Mind you, you would have to be a bit of a muppet to build a garage in Texas that was less than 20-21 feet deep, with the huge number of pickups. Especially out in the burbs where the cost per square foot is really quite reasonable.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

I traded my 2007 RC-LB Tundra in on a 2009 DC-SB Tacoma and I love the smaller size for my needs. Much easier to park, but I do miss the power of the 5.7L.

After having a 2000 Tundra, 2004 DCSB Tacoma, 2007 RCLB Tundra & a 2009 DCSB Tacoma .... (for my needs) the 2009 Tacoma is perfect.

However, if I could find a 1980s vintage, cherry 22R, I would buy that Toyota P/U in a flash. For my needs, the smaller pickups work the best.

·
Registered
753 Posts
my regular cab BARELY fits in my garage, I have to inch in backwards until i hit the tennis ball (keeps me from hitting the wall) and then I have to walk around the front of the truck before i close the garage door because its tight. that being said, my taco was way longer, it was a doublecab

However, there is a DC in my neighborhood that fits in the garage :shrugs:

-Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the replies. The truck would fit were it not for the nice workbench with grinder, etc., built on the back wall of the garage, which I'm reluctant to take out. My old 2000 4-Runner and Corvette will fit fine, but my Tundra is the main family ride, that I take my 18 month old to day care in, etc. It gets pretty cold and snowy in Kansas City in the winter, and I hate to strap the little guy in a freezing truck or have to go out and warm it up every day from December to March. However, I don't want the short bed Taco (need room to haul my atv, etc.), and 7 inches difference between my Tundra and the long bed Taco won't be enough, as it's more like a foot that I'll need. Could just find a different house, but Mama is pretty set on this one, and I like it too. Looks like I may be getting up early to scrape ice and warm the truck up all winter. Bummer.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Remote start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts