Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2" level lift for my 03 2w tundra. I used the Revtek aluminum spacers. Everything seems great except one of my buddies said that he herd that the 2" left put stress on the shocks. I was not told that at the off road shop, and was not informed in anyway that I needed to change shocks. Please advise thanks.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Not to worry. Before my RCD lift, I ran 2" spacers in the front for over 4 years and had zero problems. Make sure to get an alignment after you've driven it for about a week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. That makes me feel better to hear from someone who has been there done that. I'll probably go your route someday, as soon as my ship comes in, if you know what I mean. Your tundra sounds sweet. Good luck, mdhess

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Mind if I ask how much you paid for installation? I'm calling around for quotes on a daystar front lift (1.25), and the best I got so far is $240. Seems a bit expensive when the part itself cost me 70 bucks. Thanks.

ST

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Mind if I ask how much you paid for installation? I'm calling around for quotes on a daystar front lift (1.25), and the best I got so far is $240. Seems a bit expensive when the part itself cost me 70 bucks. Thanks.

ST
If your handy with basic tools, pull off the front coilovers yourself (mark them left and right) and take the assemblies with the spacers down to a shop that has a spring compressor and pay them to put them on. This method cost me all of $20 when I did it 4 or 5 years ago. With the promise that you'll come back in a week to have them do the front alignment. Heck, I'll do it for you for $120. :D

Just a thought.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would save up and put some donahoe coilovers on.
The ride is awesome. I got a set for 400.00 just over a year old,
co worker has a friend that traded his 05 tundy in and needed stock
shocks back so I traded him plus 400.00. He's getting an 08 tundra.
These donahoes are 950.00 new...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good price as long as that includes an alignment. I live in San Deigo and I paid $299.00 for everything, which was a deal. It looks good , but expect a little less of a factory ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I work in a bodyshop so I got places that hook me up for no
charge for alignments, and such. I saw your other post about tires
and the first numbers are height, second is width, and of course third
is rim size.. I am running 285/65/16 on mine but thats a 2.5 coilover
lift, and I have no rub problems. With 2.0 inches it would be a tight
fit with that pesky plastic frt bumper cover in the way. I would just
stick with the same tire size in this case. :tu:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. on the tires. I was told that the second number (width) the higher number the thinner the tire correct? Like, 65 would be wider than 70 and so forth. I was thinking in that case, I would go with 275/65/16 A/T if they have those available, I want a more wider tire than the 70 which I have now. Hey thanks again.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Thanks for the info. on the tires. I was told that the second number (width) the higher number the thinner the tire correct? Like, 65 would be wider than 70 and so forth. I was thinking in that case, I would go with 275/65/16 A/T if they have those available, I want a more wider tire than the 70 which I have now. Hey thanks again.
You are slightly confused the middle number is the aspect ratio. 1st number is the width 2nd is how tall/short the tire is.
Tire Terminology - Offroaders.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts