Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a DC with the 8.1' bed?

I haven't seen one and would like to know your impressions of how it drives and whether it looks proportional?

I can't find a dealer in Houston, TX that has one in stock.

·
Registered
457 Posts

I haven't seen one and would like to know your impressions of how it drives and whether it looks proportional?

my dealer has one, but it's a long way from Texas! The truck looks long, but it also looked proportioned to me. I saw a GM extended cab with the long box in Calgary last week and I think the Tundra looked better.

·
Registered
39 Posts

I saw one at my local dealer last week. It looked very impressive. I tried a DC reg. bed and I thought it was big enough for me, so I didn't drive the loooong one.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes- I bought one. I've got a DC 5.7 4x4 Longbed in silver. It was one of only two here in Southern California (according to the broker who deals with a large number of dealers- there was probably a couple more hiding out somewhere thought).

The auto broker at my credit union found it for me- the longbed was a must have item for me (as was the 4x4). I store lots of surfboards and kitesurfing gear back there so it's my second garage- the thing rules.

I think it looks great- the bed is really deep.

The thing drives great- turning radius is pretty unbelievable. And really fast.

My priorities in buying it really weren't for it's good looks- I actually think the short bed looks better- but I never have bought a truck without an 8 foot bed- to me that's the standard size!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey chancho is yours a limited model??? this is what i am looking for...they told me its not made. i also need a long bed..cause on of my box product is 7foot 6 inches long....so i need the long bed..and i also need the nav..

thanks in advance
Lemon

·
Registered
503 Posts
hey chancho is yours a limited model??? this is what i am looking for...they told me its not made. i also need a long bed..cause on of my box product is 7foot 6 inches long....so i need the long bed..and i also need the nav..

thanks in advance
Lemon
The Long Bed can't be had in Limited, yet anyways. You should be able to get leather, nav, etc, or most limited goodies, on an SR5.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I got a 4x4 longbed DCab out of New Mexico. As I approached the dealership and spied it from afar I knew I finally found the Toyota full size I had been waiting for the last 20 years. It looks "right" for our operation and the wheelbase is actually longer than a Chevy 2500HD extended cab longbed while the clearance is better and turn radius tighter (Chevy's frames always stick down for quick high-centers). Couldn't be happier leaving my '05 Ford F-250 diesel behind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Lemon- no it's not a Limited- I did want the backup camera but it couldn't be found on that particular configuration and, amazingly, I couldn't find one with the tow mirrors either. Also, you can't get the TRD package on the longbed 4x4 either. Although the regular mirrors seem pretty big to me and I will leave them on for towing my 22' travel trailer. I used the small mirrors on my last truck (03 Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab Longbed 4x4- that I was happy to get out of for 25k) and it worked out okay. Love this new truck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts