Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lower control arm bushings are getting worn on my 200 tundra it has camburg uca's all the polly front end componets accept the lower control bushings. Has anyone installed the daystar bushings? Does energy suspension make any ? how difficult were the stock bushings to remove from the arm

·
Registered
111 Posts
i bought some lower control arm busings a while back but never got around to installing them. from what i hear it is a PITA job to do. if i remember correctly you have to heat up & melt out the stock bushings. gets pretty messy. somebody please correct me if im wrong tho. from the estimates ive gotten, its around $300 for the labor. let me know if u end up replacing them. i am curious in the difference between the stock and the poly bushings.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
It's easier to drill them out with a large drill bit, stick it between the shell and the sleeve and make a bunch of holes around sleeve. Eventually it will be loose enough to push out.

And yes it's a PITA.

How do you mean you wore them out? Are they torn? If they're not torn, they're not worn out.

-Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts