Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Orlando Florida last week (Spring Break, kids, Disney, suck all the money out of Dad's pocket...) and saw a Tundra parked in the hotel lot. It was a Tundra MAX. I had never seen one before. It looked like it had an 8ft bed, no trim on the door. attached are a couple of pics.

Maybe not that rare, I just had not seen one before. It was nice that it had room for a toolbox in the back and still have a useable bed.

Pics at links below

Picasa Web Albums - blane64 - tundra pics

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think that is actually just a reg cab with the long bed...

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Is that a piece of a Mitsubishi Mighty MAX badge on that guy's tailgate? :p
Maybe the guy's name is Max.

When my buddy bought his GMC Envoy it had SLT on the B pillar. I said to him "Ah that's cute! You got the truck monogrammed for your girlfriend"..lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
I really did see the max today though, toyota of orange has 3 or 4, the back seats are bitchin, they scoot foward and recline. I think I'd rather sit in the back. There is about a foot more room in the new back part of the max.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have seen a white tundra with the max badge here in auburn and another back home. I wondered what it meant?.
I guess if you take all the guys advice that replied so far, then there are three individuals living in separate cities that must have, as individuals, thought it would be b!tchin to slap on some MAX badges on their totally stock trucks!
Sorry but unless there is a tundra max club, I think the max badge is factory.
I would like to know if it is a rare truck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have seen a white tundra with the max badge here in auburn and another back home. I wondered what it meant?.
I guess if you take all the guys advice that replied so far, then there are three individuals living in separate cities that must have, as individuals, thought it would be b!tchin to slap on some MAX badges on their totally stock trucks!
Sorry but unless there is a tundra max club, I think the max badge is factory.
I would like to know if it is a rare truck.
Were they in the same regions? Same cab configuration? I'm thinking some sort of dealer specific thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This truck looked pretty new and shiny. I forget what state was on the plate, Florida?? It also had the MAX badge on the cab, where mine says SR5, so I thought it was a MAX-imum bed length designation. Silly me, it was obviously the Truck Owners Named Max Club convention.

LOL, I didn't think about the fact that this might be the forebearer of the CREW max!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Were they in the same regions? Same cab configuration? I'm thinking some sort of dealer specific thing.
The two that I have see were both here in Alabama. I am from Dothan and I am a student at Auburn university in Auburn. The first one I saw was here in auburn and then noticed another one when I was visiting home. Yes the trucks were all the same configuration. One was white and the other was red like in the pictures. Might have been available only to the southern states..?

I think I know which zone the tundra max parks in on campus and I walk through there tomorrow. If I see it I will get a pic.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
You guys are killing me!! It simply amazing the way grown men will act when the pure mention of a new Toy will spark a conversation that is so bizarre it's past being funny. Some of the new post on the NEW GEN Page are gut bussters to say the least. Her we have one on 1st Gen page on New Gen trucks and it is almost but not quite as funny!! i like the post on where did the slidding rear window go and crew max has more room in back than original crew max?? this is good read!! and one fellow driving 120 Mph on R speed rated tires on a 07 5.7L Max Rated 106 MPH? am i the only one amused here or have yall been checking out the 07 page like me!! it's almost as good as sliced bread !!

·
Registered
919 Posts
You guys are killing me!! It simply amazing the way grown men will act when the pure mention of a new Toy will spark a conversation that is so bizarre it's past being funny. Some of the new post on the NEW GEN Page are gut bussters to say the least. Her we have one on 1st Gen page on New Gen trucks and it is almost but not quite as funny!! i like the post on where did the slidding rear window go and crew max has more room in back than original crew max?? this is good read!! and one fellow driving 120 Mph on R speed rated tires on a 07 5.7L Max Rated 106 MPH? am i the only one amused here or have yall been checking out the 07 page like me!! it's almost as good as sliced bread !!
You put in your 2cents here did'nt you..lol. If you dont have anything nice to say....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That is a SET pkg offered only on the V6 and V8 reg cab tundra's in 2006 and perhaps 2005. All over the SET area. Was a port installed cross bed tool box, bed liner, MAX emblems, and a few other do-dads. It was one of those 1295.00 value; 600.00 pkg discount; your cost 695.00. The wheel covers are the optional full wheel covers @ $110.00 that are forced on all SET base reg cab Tundra's. That particular truck pictured is a V6 model.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Sorry you were offended by my post, i will have more compasionate post in the future. I was simply stating how amusing anxiety was to the point of being humorus and please forgive me!! Just hope you did not buy a 07 A/C oh my bad, it's a D/C in disguise!! Seriously i am so sorry for having a sence of humor and i will refrain from further opinions!! NOT!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was in Orlando Florida last week (Spring Break, kids, Disney, suck all the money out of Dad's pocket...) and saw a Tundra parked in the hotel lot. It was a Tundra MAX. I had never seen one before. It looked like it had an 8ft bed, no trim on the door. attached are a couple of pics.

Maybe not that rare, I just had not seen one before. It was nice that it had room for a toolbox in the back and still have a useable bed.

Pics at links below

Isn't this 2gen Forum Material? I am a 1 gen Tundra owner... why is this even relevant let alone on topic in this forum. Since there was a church split, I say this goes in the other forum. Since the list owner made me change my Bookmark and all, made us all move to a new room so the new truck could have our old one, and beings that this is the Forum that really pays the bills around here... I only want to see people talk about the 1 gen stuff in here.

Oh, and if you get the drift that I ain't happy with the 1 gen forum being in a new room while the new truck gets our old room, you'd be right.

:td: :td: :td: :td: :td:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Isn't this 2gen Forum Material? I am a 1 gen Tundra owner... why is this even relevant let alone on topic in this forum. Since there was a church split, I say this goes in the other forum. Since the list owner made me change my Bookmark and all, made us all move to a new room so the new truck could have our old one, and beings that this is the Forum that really pays the bills around here... I only want to see people talk about the 1 gen stuff in here.

Oh, and if you get the drift that I ain't happy with the 1 gen forum being in a new room while the new truck gets our old room, you'd be right.

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you read ALL the posts? IT IS a 1st generation truck, 2006 is not a 2007.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

I agree 100% this is the original forum and we have to live with it and yes this original thread "Tundra Max spotted was for 2nd Gen thread but he woould loose his head if he had posted this over there!! post #1, 8 & 12 were probably in same category but original post was humorous hehe!! I am proud to be a 1st Gen Tundra owner cause most of the others are still waiting for delivery on other page!! not to mention i of course like my 06 D/C for my own reasons and started to wait for 07's and they are not that bad but i think i would have a hard time getting my bang for my buck with the 07 models like i did with my 06 purchase!! :D sorry again just my .25 cents!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sorry you were offended by my post, i will have more compasionate post in the future. I was simply stating how amusing anxiety was to the point of being humorus and please forgive me!! Just hope you did not buy a 07 A/C oh my bad, it's a D/C in disguise!! Seriously i am so sorry for having a sence of humor and i will refrain from further opinions!! NOT!!
Don't be mad cause you bought your 06, then a half year later the new truck came out. If you could read correctly, you would see that I have a 05 dc.

So what if people are excited about the new tundra. I am, and I don't even have one. I just like toyotas in general, this is my 4th truck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts