Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just have a quick question about a nav/DVD system for my 2004 Tundra D/C limited.
Currently it has the JBL 6 disk system in it right now and would like to upgrade to a nav system. From what I've read I need an e7006.

-With this system can I just plug it into my stock wiring harness?
-What does a guy need to use the Nav system (antenna, Map CD....and thats it??)
-Will this system play DVD's or do I need to buy a speical DVD play to hook up to it?(I don't have the rear seat DVD system)

Thanks a lot for your help

~Scottie

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just added an e7006 to my 2006 D/C. It was totally plug and play. I have a 6 cd JBL system. It was out with the old and in with the new. You will need a gps antenna and map disc, and yes, if you want to play DVD's, you will need an after market player. Ihighly recommend the e7006, it is a great unit. I am still learning how to use all the features, but it is loaded. The good thing is if you want to add a camera, it is also plug and play.

Good luck

Lloyd

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Yes, the steering wheel controls work. The newer E7007/8/9 models are _almost_ plug and play. You will need to do a little more wiring but the added feature may be worth it. Features like bluetooth, mp3 player and 4 disk cd changer, all with the exact same look and feel as the E7006. There is certainly a ton of info on what is required to install these newer models in the NAV forum. Take a look and see if they appeal to you. Good luck!

Do the steering wheel controls still work with the e7006? with a 04

~Scottie

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Hey, I just have a quick question about a nav/DVD system for my 2004 Tundra D/C limited.
Currently it has the JBL 6 disk system in it right now and would like to upgrade to a nav system. From what I've read I need an e7006.

-With this system can I just plug it into my stock wiring harness?
-What does a guy need to use the Nav system (antenna, Map CD....and thats it??)
-Will this system play DVD's or do I need to buy a speical DVD play to hook up to it?(I don't have the rear seat DVD system)

Thanks a lot for your help

~Scottie

Depends on system all are plug and play But I wouldn't waste the time and Money on a Toyota based Old school dvd navi system I did and changed out later on to an Hdd Hard drive based Navi.

You want my advice go for a Pioneer Z1 or Z2 that has bluetooth ,plays dvd and have xm traffic navi Feature wise your gaining a whole lot more for the money spent vs toyota. This system is top notch in my opinion not only does it retrive navi from voice command's it also burn's all your cd's on the music library and you can speak to the system to play the music track's etc.This system also plays dvd to a rear screen and can have navi and dvd playback since it's hard drive based it mulit task very very well....

To your other question Gps unit's will need to be tapped into your speed sensor to retrive the correct placment which has to be mounted to the roof of your tundra (3rd Brake light being the best location possible ) Do not use the windshield header Period...

You have any other questions your welcome to Pm since I know a lot about this topic

Cheers Erik M

Pioneer AVIC-Z2 In-dash navigation/DVD receiver with 30 GB hard drive at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
I Had A 2004 Dcab Ltd About 8 Months Ago And Traded It In For A 2006 Dcab Ltd + Rse. I Installed The E7006 + Backup Camera. All Plug N Play.

The 2004 Is Plug N Play, But You Would Actually Have To Wire A Single Speaker For Voice Nav. 04's Arent Wired For That. I Know It Sounds Stupid, But I've Done Every Homework On This...i Finally Got What I Want, The Way I Want It.

If Your Car Doesn't Have The Rear Seat Entertainment, I Would Go For The E7007 Or 7009 With Bluetooth N Mp3 Chgr. I Couldn't Because Those Units Wont Interface With The Factory Rse...

I Really Wanted A Mp3 Player, But The 7006 Wont Play Mp3s...so I Bought Roxio Media Creator 9 And Burn Dvd Music Discs. Stores About 450 Tracks In One Dvd. Boom! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The e7006 plays music dvds?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my 06 Tundra with a Nav sys with cd player. I do not have the JBL system, but the truck is a limited. Does anyone know what model I need. e7007,e7008 etc....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts