Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pad for the Chrome Step tubes I have on my Crewmax. The drivers side just split on me from normal use. I have the full length rubber pads.
Thanks...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to a Toyota dealer and they told me "sorry, you have to buy new step tubes". Not quite the answer I was looking for.....

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
If they split on you from normal use this should be covered by your 3/36 warranty

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
If they split on you from normal use this should be covered by your 3/36 warranty
i agree...then go to another dealer if they say no and then call 800 yota b!tch line and start there....it shouldnt split for much of any reason that i can think of.....got a pic so we all can see too?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am at 43k so I'm out of warranty...I have the extended warranty and the guy at the parts dept. told me to go to service. They told me that it's a "Trim item" and not covered by the extended warranty. I searched on the net all day pratically and found nothing. What is strange is, there is a tab underneath the pads at each end and all four tabs are broken. I think Toyota has some lousy step bars they are putting out on their trucks. I may take them off and go to brushed stainless step bars. They also have a larger step surface on them.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
you can buy just the one bar

Tube Step, Chrome, Driver Side, CrewMax PT212-3407T-DS MSRP $374.36

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen them at Sparks and other sites...I may go with the other wider style. I thought $489 was for the pair???

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
I have seen them at Sparks and other sites...I may go with the other wider style. I thought $489 was for the pair???
That could be right. I am fairly sure that is about what mine were in '07.:wave:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody with Toyota OEM Step Tubes better take a good look at them. See if the tabs are broken at each end on the black pads. If they are you WILL have PROBLEMS down the road like I did.....

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
this is the pair

Running Board/Tube Step Tube Step, Chrome, CrewMax PT212-3407D-31 MSRP $494.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts