Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2008 Tundra 5.7, when the engine is cold, the oil pressure guague needle is at L, when it's warm up, it's in between L and H, everytime I step on the accelerator the needle goes from the middle towards H, the deeper I step on the accelerator, the farther the needles goes toward H. I went to 2 different dearler service, they told me it's normal, but can't explain why when I got the truck brand new, it never do this. Now the truck has 70K miles. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cold motor= low pressure, it has to build up pressure.....warm at idle= middle of the road pressure wise....when you step on it hard pressure rises higher because the engine is reving higher and working harder. It is normal. I am sure there are guys on here that can give a more technical answer tho.... :)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When first started cold, my engine will go to about 1800 rpm and the oil pressure will go just under the H mark....about 3/4 of the way to H. When it warms up it will be between L and the center mark. Driving @ 65 it will be at the half mark or slightly higher. Stepping on the gas will downshift the truck and the oil pressure will rise to about where it was when cold. It almost looks like a mini Tach the way it moves with the change in RPM. I have 65k miles and my oil level never drops between changes. Use Mobil 1 0W-20 oil. Sounds to me like your truck is normal......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. I might not have reliaze it for 65k miles, after the 70k oil change I notice the oil pressure needle, strange.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I never noticed it happen with my '07 Tundra with the 4.7L (maybe I just didn't pay attention, but I had it for almost 2.5 yrs) --- but, I DID notice it within the first week of owning my '10 5.7L. I asked the same question as you, and got the same answers; sounds like it's normal and most of us have it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts