Toyota Tundra Forums banner

TUNDRA options and fuel economy

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Oleg_63 
#1 ·
Hi everybody!
Sorry for my terrible English.
I'm interesting an info - after the installation of CAI, new Exhaust Headers and new Exhaust System - what is REAL fuel economy? Which elements more effective? Which brands? Or - maybe - result of all this elements - only more likely sound?

#2 ·
At best 1-2 mpg. I didn't gain anything on my 04 Tundra so I'm not expecting much out of this truck either. Really you need a good tune to get the advantages out of intake/exhaust mods, and those are difficult to come by with a Toyota.

#5 ·
yes, you will not see any changes worth mentioning. some people will make things up but in reality, you won't see any changes.

oh and your english is just fine...better than some of the regular members on here who live in the united states.....

#8 ·
TRD CAI, Borla Dual Exhaust, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, 22" wheels and the truck weighs over 5,700 lbs. 18.4 MPG on the way to Canada going about 5MPH over the speed limit which was at about 79-80 at the highest with no metal to the floor and on cruise control MOST of the time; 16.5 on the way back, but hit the floor a couple times and did a little more over the speed limit and not able to stick to cruise control as much because of more traffic and passing.

If you are able to go about 55-65MPH, you are in business for getting great mileage per gallon........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.