Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
does it really matter? Last months motor trend (you know, the founders/owners of truck trend) had an article of Chevy vs. Tundra and the Chevy won. Such is the dependability of the media.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Current issue of Trucktrend, states Tundra performs Chevy/GMC!!!!!!!!!
Probably works for the magazine and is trying his hand at viral marketing...wants us all to go buy the current issue.

Nice try :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
does it really matter? Last months motor trend (you know, the founders/owners of truck trend) had an article of Chevy vs. Tundra and the Chevy won. Such is the dependability of the media.[/quote

It really depends on how much Chevy spent on advertising in Motor Trend that month.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The current issue of trucktrend is on the newstands, and I agree with there final verdict that the tundra is a better value than the sierra. Read the article before you pass judgement. I test drove both of them, not only does the tundra out spec the sierra, i found it to also be a better ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
n round three (and final) of the comparison which just came out in news stands this was the final comments:

GMC Sierra SLT 1500 Ext cab 4x4 6L motor vs.
Toyota Tundra Double cab Ltd 4x4 5.7L motor

"With the GMC equipped for family recreation as tested, its price advantage of a few hundred dollars, more appealing interior package, and greater load capacity aren't enough to overcome the Tundra's superior powertrain performance, safety equipment, larger cabin, and better fuel economy in every situation. The third time is indeed a charm for Toyota, as this third-generation full-size pickup has set the benchmark another notch."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts