Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2010 Tundra with a supercharger from Montana. I fly out tomorrow to get it and cant wait. It has 4k miles on it. I will let everyone who is interested how the paperwork and customs goes. I figure I am going to save close to $20,000 cdn with this purchase. I am not sure what they charge in Canada for a SC install. I am hearing between 8-10,000.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Excellent news. I am curious if you have the flex fuel engine or not?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's it. It does not have the flex fuel. I hope that its in great condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi any updates on this purchase? Im looking for buy a tundra from Portland and bring it into BC.
Can you break down the costs? what paper work had to be done etc?
any mods to the vehicle needed? Day Time running lights ???

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had no mods to be done as it already had drl on it. Make sure there is no recalls open on it and if so, have them done before you leave the US and keep the paperwork for RIV to see. I paid the 5% gst at the border along with $100 ac tax then the $204 Riv fee. Took it to Canadian Tire for the Federal and Provincial inspection, then to SGI Saskatoon to pay the other 5% Provincial tax and the license and insurance. I would not let Canadian tire do my provincial inspection again. They charged me $80 for an alignment on a truck with 4k miles. Told me it could have been out at the factory and it has to be within a certain spec to pass inspection. make sure you send the info you need to RIV in order to get your inspection form. Im sure the person in the US can help you with the paperwork. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only thing that may cause you greif, is the Canadian weather. Toyota Canada has a different ECU flash than the US. Our cold weather can freeze the supercharger up. Toyota Canada supplies a "cold weather flash" which detunes the supercharger somewhat, by allowing less air fuel mixture.
Once a ECU has been flashed with either one of the maps, it can not be reflashed.

The only way to have your new Tundra flashed to Canadian specs is to purchase a new/used ecu, which has not been reflashed. Toyota Canada has issued a warning, that an american reflash on a Canadian TRD supercharged tundra will void your warranty.

I bought mine in Canada for this reason. Check into it. There may be a loop hole, since yours was reflashed in the US, but I doubt it. Toyota does not like giving out motors and superchargers on warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the first I heard of this. What about the cold states? This doesn't make sense to me as Montana isn't that warm. Where is this warning at. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I talked directly to the TRD guys. I have a supercharged Tundra, and I live in Canada. I work with Toyota, so I have access to many techs. Check in with your local dealer, if they have not heard of it, have them call the Toyota Techs. Sorry its true. Toyota does not advertise this. Again, check into it there may be a loop hole.

I found out about this while talking to Toyota Canada, about the price difference of the supercharger Canada to US. they told me straight out, my warranty may be voided if I bought a US supercharger.

Montana is cold, but Canada gets the cold flash due to Northern Alberta, Sask, and the Yukon. Sometimes the eastern Coast get hit pretty hard with cold as well....the rest of us who live in warmer areas are robbed. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts