Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a big atv trip at Brimstone in Huntsville, TN and the Tundra performed flawlessly. We were even passing cars going up the Jellico hill on I-75. I attached a pic of the load we were pulling. This truck is awesome! (It's an ultralight camper so no I was not over max capacity, plus I have E rated tires, airbags and a WDH)

Attachments

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That's crazy man good picture

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
You may not have been over on total weight but with the four 4-wheelers on the back of the truck you needed more air in your air bags.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I aired up at the gas station before we hit the road. Leveled out just fine and rode well. On board air is my next upgrade.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice camper. I have a Starcraft 11RT, a large off road capable popup with a similar size cargo deck up front. I'll be towing it with four dirt bikes and gear for a July 4th trip. Two bikes are minis so I can fit in the CM bed and close the tailgate. Trailer is rated for 3500 lbs GVWR so no need for WDH. I did buy airbags though. My gen 1 towed this OK but could have used the airbags.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So how was Brimstone? I've never been, but I have a trip planned for the fall.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I just got back from a big atv trip at Brimstone in Huntsville, TN and the Tundra performed flawlessly. We were even passing cars going up the Jellico hill on I-75. I attached a pic of the load we were pulling. This truck is awesome! (It's an ultralight camper so no I was not over max capacity, plus I have E rated tires, airbags and a WDH)
nice camper, what kind of atv's you got there?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You may not have been over towing capacity, but with two four wheelers and the tongue weight of two others, you were definitely over your cargo capacity. I am not trying to be the weight police. I am glad to see the Tundra can handle it without a problem. I have done the same things with my truck with the air bags and E-rated tires. I tow a 21' toy hauler all the time that is pushing 8,000 lbs loaded and I was wondering about putting another four wheeler in the truck bed. Looks like the tundra can handle the extra cargo capacity. Great picture.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Wow. What a set up. Those Diamond Back covers can really handle some weight. And so are the bed walls. Any other support than the bed walls? Where do you put the tie downs?:D

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So, um, how did you get the ATV up there? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but dang.

... ^^^ ... That was my question too .... :confused:

·
Registered
820 Posts
thats a load right there. looks like yall had fun

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm going to be buying my first trailer soon so I can tow my new Can Am Commander (sidexside). They are releasing it June 7th. Rumor has it, it will have the 100 hp spyder motor in it. Can't wait!! Rhino's and RZR's beware!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts