Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't had much luck finding photos of a double cab dropped with tundra racing's 2/4, here ya go. This is my 2010.

photo 1 (2).jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
The overall look, along with the drop looks fantastic!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I bought the truck with the lights and running boards already installed. The running boards are ATS Design SL model, they originally had a shiny aluminum edge but I rhino lined them to match the truck a little better. As for the headlights, your guess is as good as mine. The only markings I've seen say "Japan". Yes, the sway bar is coming, right after I have my rims powder coated matte black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a pic of what it "could" like like with the powder coated rims, let me know what you guys think. I personally havent seen anyone else with the stock 20s sprayed yet. Also a shot of the headlights for you Devil.

photo 2 (2).jpg photo (1).jpg

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
I have never lowered a truck before and I am looking into doing the TRD Performance drop kit. I assume the drop is about the same and I was wondering what kind of problems (if any) have you had with curbs, parking lot space barriers. I have the TRD dual exhaust and I was wondering if I did the drop, how far from the ground would the exhaust tips be? How far would the front bumper be from the ground?

Like I said, I have never lowered a truck and this will be my first. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have a red TRDS Tundra also, so seeing yours helps a little.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well driving, parking, etc.. no problems whatsoever, I've yet to encounter any clearance issues. As for the exhaust, you may want to try to find someone on here with that drop and that exhaust; mine will hit the leafs over hard bumps but I hadn't modified it at all (I may just end up dumping it right after the axle.) I think I've read on here that that trd drop system uses entirely different leafs instead of just flipping them and putting them under the axle so you may not have the same issues I do. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I got trd leaf springs on mine with belltech shocks on all four corners. I bottom out allllllll the time but it's just cuz I drive fast everywhere. Just put the kit on so I gotta learn to start cruising rather than racing. I also got the trd exhaust tail pipe kit on my setup and have no issues with that. If you want to keep your exhaust I think rear flip kits are out the question.

·
Marine Veteran
826 Posts
Cool thanks. This is going to be my next mod so I just wanted to get more information before jumping into it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello, I'm installing a belltech 2/4 on my rcsb. I don't tow or carry anything heavy in my the bed of my truck. My question is, if I remove my overload spring with the rear flip kit will I get a bit lower?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Vettelover84, the Belltech flip was enough for me. The crown suspension brand coils and belltech adjustable struts are working well up front.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The drops/levels do wonders for the look of the tundra. I would have never dropped a truck in the past I drop leveled this one and I'm so glad I did.
Btw if u plan on doing anything that involves using the truck like a truck I suggest the tr helper bags. I from time to time carry my dads foreman 500 4 wheeler and after the level I was sitting only about 1/2 inch off the bump stops. The install was a breeze.
I leave them with about 10-15 psi and it really helped with hitting the bump stops on these crappy New Orleans roads.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1410229598.072251.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts