- The American automakers make no mention of the new Tundra in their advertising when comparisons are made.
- The Toyota Tundra ignorance is bliss marketing campaign continues on.
- The Ford F-Series continues to lead the segment and for a seventh month in a row Ford moved more than 60,000 units.
Today Toyota reported November 2013 total vehicle sales results of 178,044 units, an increase of 5.9 percent over November 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 26 selling days in November 2013 versus 25 selling days in November 2012, TMS sales increased 10.1 percent from year-ago month.
"Industry sales in November picked up after Thanksgiving, contributing to the best sales pace of the year," said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. "Showroom traffic surged over the holiday weekend for Toyota, indicating good momentum that we expect to continue through the end of the year and into 2014."
Pickup truck sales for November, 2013.
- Chevrolet Silverado 34,386 up 12.1%
- Ford F-Series 65,501 up 16%
- GMC Sierra 14,362 up 22.5%
- Toyota Tundra 10,010 up 15.1%