Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i already have head unit in but i need to replace my stock speakers. Does anyone know what size i need for a direct fit? Best buy told my 6x9 but crutchfield told me 6.5?!
Please tell me if you've done it not too.

Any speaker suggestions?

I have a 07 regular cab toyota tundra

·
Registered
543 Posts
I used 6.5's in the doors of my 07 Tundra RCSB. I also purchased the "sail panel" for the Tundra Limiteds which allowed me to position the tweeters up higher on the door. Additionally, I purchased from eBay a set of mounting plates made from mdf that made the mounting of the 6.5's a bit easier.

From what I saw you could probably make a 6x9 work, but it would take some trimming of the door panel, the stock speakers are kind of an oblong speaker, but they are not 6x9's.

I went with high end MB Quarts and I love the sound, but there are lots of good speakers out there.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Your front doors are 6x9 and the rears are 6.5" (stock). You can use any aftermarket 6x9 in the fronts, but you will need an adapter plate, check ebay. 6.5" co-ax or components work just as well in the fronts, but again you'll need an adapter plate. I just completed an install on a friends 08 DC and we used Rockford 6x9's in the front doors. They fit just fine with an adapter I made and they sound great.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Be careful with the aftermarket 6x9's in the front doors. I had originally bought some Pioneer 6x9 3-ways, but the "tweeter-stalk" was too tall and, because of the magnet depth, would not fit behind my door panels. I ended up going with 6x8's in the front that weren't as tall.

If you go with a component 6x9 you'll have it much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts