Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using Tundra Springs with TRD shocks on the front of their gen1 Tacoma's? I've been told it provides a decent ride and 2" of lift.

Also, can someone explain the pros and cons of an add-a-leaf vs. a set of shackles for a rear lift?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
you wont find the answer on TS. check out ttora and search as they have all the info you need. Yes you can and it gives about 1.5 to 2" of lift in the front. Its also a great way to support a aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone using Tundra Springs with TRD shocks on the front of their gen1 Tacoma's? I've been told it provides a decent ride and 2" of lift.

Also, can someone explain the pros and cons of an add-a-leaf vs. a set of shackles for a rear lift?

Thanks.

I put tundra springs and OME shocks (TRD shocks will work too) up front on my 00 4Runner, and it provided about 2" lift and a great ride on and off road. I would highly recommend this setup. If you want a ton of info on the front setup, search yotatech.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I put tundra springs and OME shocks (TRD shocks will work too) up front on my 00 4Runner, and it provided about 2" lift and a great ride on and off road. I would highly recommend this setup. If you want a ton of info on the front setup, search yotatech.
yeah, yotatech and ttora are pretty much the same guys. I believe what you want to do is use, 2wd trd tundra front coils, and you could use either the 2wd tundra shocks or the OME (old man emu) front shocks like the N91. But def. do a search on those two sites and you will find EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I've been reading here TTORA and Yota tech for 2 weeks now. I wish there was just one option to lift, that way there the choice would be easy:D .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Most people on the CT board advise against putting AAls on a Tacoma. I made shackles for the rear of my Tacoma but the only problem is getting the driveshaft lined back up to get rid of any driveline vibration. But once you get that right then you shouldn't have any problems with the shackle. Do you have a Double, xtra or regular cab?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Most people on the CT board advise against putting AAls on a Tacoma. I made shackles for the rear of my Tacoma but the only problem is getting the driveshaft lined back up to get rid of any driveline vibration. But once you get that right then you shouldn't have any problems with the shackle. Do you have a Double, xtra or regular cab?
CT? custom tacos? they wouldn't use an aal as they are mostly street queens. Shackles can be bad, if you haul anything as they will create a negative arch on your rear leaf springs. Shackles are great if you are off roading only, and an AAL and shackle combo works too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts