Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo this is the situation. I try to turn on my truck and it just clicks but none of the gauges go out. I took the starter out to have it tested and it is a good starter. What other things could i look for? Ohh and i replaced the ground wire also because it was corroded. The positive looks fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sound like your power line lost or loose connections. clean battery cable and tie it good. if it is same try jump start.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive replaced the negatice cable and made sure everything was tight and i tried to jump start it and still nothing. If i play with the key by trying to start it after a while it will start. Could it be the ignition key switch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 04 D-cab sometimes fails to start. When I push up on the shift lever it turns over and starts the very next try. The problem comes and goes, but I feel it is the ignition switch or whatever would allow the truck to realize it is not in gear. Plan on taking it to the dealer next week to see what they say

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like the starter solenoid to me. Do you know if when the tested the starter it included the solenoid? If its a hit and miss thing maybe when they did test the starter and through the solenoid didn't act up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just changed the starter and starter relay on my 00 tundra (220K miles) this weekend because I had the one click. After that is started right up. When I had the starter tested, it passed, but this test did not include testing the contacts. I rolled the dice and replaced the starter since I was in there. Last night, I got another click. Does anyone think it could be the alternator. I had the battery checked before I replaced the starter and cleaned the terminals. Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
turn ignition key to "ON" step on brake and shift to "N"now try to start your engine. if it start your problem is shift solenoid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I took all the battery terminals, cables and ground wires off and gave them a really really really good cleaning. They looked cleaned prior, but now they shine. The truck started right up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts