Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Tundra TRD SR5 and when I got up this morning to start it, it wouldn't keep running? It worked great the day before, just not sure why its not wanting to keep running today...

The truck starts as it should, revs for a few seconds then just shuts off? I've tried everything I can think of? Before I get it towed into a garage any suggestions as to what it might be?

If you start it, you can try to rev it a few RPM's higher and "try" to keep going but it just wants to shut off / die / dunno....

Suggestions/ thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
I have a 2006 Tundra TRD SR5 and when I got up this morning to start it, it wouldn't keep running? It worked great the day before, just not sure why its not wanting to keep running today...

The truck starts as it should, revs for a few seconds then just shuts off? I've tried everything I can think of? Before I get it towed into a garage any suggestions as to what it might be?

If you start it, you can try to rev it a few RPM's higher and "try" to keep going but it just wants to shut off / die / dunno....

Suggestions/ thoughts?

thanks in advance!

Jim
The simple solution (if you are lucky):

Check to make sure that there are no air leaks in the air box, the MAF seating, the intake tube, or where the intake tube meets the Throttle Body. Check to see if any hoses have come loose.
A little more complex:

• Crank position sensor
  • fuel pump
  • ECU (can be heartbreakingly expensive)
  • Cracked intake plenum
  • Bad battery
  • short in the wiring
Just a few things that come to mind. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tks for the reply... my gut tells me I'll have to take into the shop. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got a call from the Toyota dealership... Problem is a faulty fuel pump resisitor. Not sure what it is but its $130 and will take 7 - 10 days to get in.

gotta luv it!

tks for the post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts