Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Fun aint it. I ran into a High school kid in little rock who thought his m3 was the shizzie... Nice beating a $50,000 sports car huh?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That's what must make being supercharged so much fun in this truck, fast but no one sees it coming. They are left thinking WTF just happened!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
That's what must make being supercharged so much fun in this truck, fast but no one sees it coming. They are left thinking WTF just happened!!
Exactly. I've been told by so many people that my truck is a huge sleeper. No badges, no visible intercooler, and looks stock - and yet it will trap 103mph in the 1/4.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Exactly. I've been told by so many people that my truck is a huge sleeper. No badges, no visible intercooler, and looks stock - and yet it will trap 103mph in the 1/4.
That's cool man, if i was s/c'd I definetly wouldn't advertise it either.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
:alien::tu: Wicked!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good job in beating a few M3's....it can be done but I suspect they were a few years old.

Not trying to be a hole but the SC tundra will not beat a newer M3 (E90-93 2007+). They newer M3's are running 4.0 0-60 and 12.4 1/4 dead stock. (I have a few friends that are running 900-1200+ WHP with their M3's.)

I will admit I am partial to the M3, and will buy one when the right deal comes around.

~JH

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am sure a BMW M# (2007-+) will run what you say they run in the hands of a skilled driver who can properly modulate the throttle and shift well enough to match, or come close to matching, numbers from professionally done performance testing.

As we know with many of these types of vehicles, the number of people who can afford them is far higher than the number of people who can count themselves in the above category.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I traded an E46 M3 for my Tundra..... it hurt....but I did it....

after a couple hundred "break-in" miles.... I no longer missed the M

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Good job in beating a few M3's....it can be done but I suspect they were a few years old.

Not trying to be a hole but the SC tundra will not beat a newer M3 (E90-93 2007+). They newer M3's are running 4.0 0-60 and 12.4 1/4 dead stock. (I have a few friends that are running 900-1200+ WHP with their M3's.)

I will admit I am partial to the M3, and will buy one when the right deal comes around.

~JH
In 06 when I worked at a body shop, I test drove one after we did an alignment, that thing was friggin awesome! No matter how hard I stepped on the gas at a corner, that thing just gripped and took of hard. If I had enough $$$, I'd buy one, they are pretty sweet cars..

·
Registered
407 Posts
With the S/C on these trucks, rolling along at about 45 mph and punching it catches it right at its downshift to 3rd gear sweet spot and the acceleration is pretty amazing for such a heavy truck.

I've had my supercharger for coming up on two years now...I still get a huge kick out of driving this truck every day and knowing that it's faster than about 95% of everything else on the road. And it can stop, and it can fit five people, and it can tow and haul large amounts, and it can go off road, and it still gets decent gas mileage for a truck -- really an amazing total package.

But as fast as it is...there's always somebody faster out there!

·
Banned
444 Posts
The 09 10 m3 90/92/93 Actually only run's high 12's stock. with a low 4.xx sec 0-60 The convertible version is a little slower.

But that car is Rare here in the south, most m3's that people have and race around here are the e46 coupe's. which are a low 13sec car stock..

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

~JH
They were a few years old, and i already know the new ones are faster.No matter what year a 5400lb truck to even stay with a m3 at highway speeds is impressive :tu:

·
Banned
444 Posts
You wont keep up in the top speed though.. they are limited at like 150 maybe a little higher.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
With the S/C on these trucks, rolling along at about 45 mph and punching it catches it right at its downshift to 3rd gear sweet spot and the acceleration is pretty amazing for such a heavy truck.

I've had my supercharger for coming up on two years now...I still get a huge kick out of driving this truck every day and knowing that it's faster than about 95% of everything else on the road. And it can stop, and it can fit five people, and it can tow and haul large amounts, and it can go off road, and it still gets decent gas mileage for a truck -- really an amazing total package.

But as fast as it is...there's always somebody faster out there!
well said!:tu::first:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts