Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just test drove a 2007 Limited Tundra with the 5.7. Lots of power, but I'm glad I bought the left over 2006. I might have gotten used to the body style, but never the interior. The interior constructed of cheep plastic. Actually it looks like the same stuff my computer printer is made of. I have a 2006 Honda Civic with a very similar interior and it scratches very easily.Also the gauges and large knobs just don't belong. The only thing I did like about it was the shifter.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree. It's not that I don't really like the style of the 07 BUT it's just that the interior plastic just seems cheap, just like in the Titan. I know people say the old Tundra interior is dated and needs upgrading but personally I think the older Tundra interior is kind of classy looking. I know the dash and the rest of the interior is still plastic on the earlier Tundra BUT it has that textured leather look which I personally prefer. I also think the plastic interior on the 07 Tundra is going to be tougher to clean to keep it looking like new.:sleep:

·
Registered
699 Posts
I agree I lie my 06 limited dash better, but I am still buying an 07 if the look of a dash would stop you from buying this truck then you probally should be driving a high end luxaury car.:D

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I was just lurking in a dealership recently, the thing that bugs me about the 07 is the grill, the part at the top where hood should be.

I'd really like to know what the designers were thinking.

When I look at the 2000 Tundra, the front end screams 97-2003 F-150, and the rear lights look just like a Silverado.

This time around they took the interior queues from the F-150 and the exterior from the Dodge Ram.

They could have just made an enlarged 2006 Tundra, make the fenders bulge a little, and they would have had a good looking truck.

Like Hit em, I'm still considering trading up if the price is right, but I'll miss my 04, which I think is one of the best looking body styles on the road.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
I received a test drive notice in the mail the other day, pitched it in the can.
Until they get things ironed out and a diesel on board I am not interested

·
Registered
150 Posts
I received a test drive notice in the mail the other day, pitched it in the can.
Until they get things ironed out and a diesel on board I am not interested
I hear that.

I'd like to have a Hybrid or alternative fuel offered as options.

Soon there's going to be a new Green Levy, which is basically a tax of up to $4000 for gas guzzling vehicles here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at the 07 Tundras and I did not like the silver surroundin the round gauge pods. Bright silver by gauges is a no-no, very distracting. I ended up getting an 06 w/6,000 mi on it. Got the 4x2 4.7L SR5 AC, 6 disc CD, 16" wheels, LSD, tow pkg for $22,500. Everything I wanted to tow my race car and trailer. So far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts