Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Tundra, just put some MotoMetal wheels on them which are 9in wide compared to the 8in wide stock, I had 275 65 18 tires bfgs and I put 285 65 18 Nitto Terra GRappler and they feel really heavy and rides like crap, question is can I still put my 275 65 18 back on the 9in rim. Does these sizes fit either rim size, the 8 or 9in rim...Thanks

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
u might can stretch them on there and they would look awkward and might work. the add'l weight of the aftermarket wider wheels is probally part of the "heavy" feeling. the tire choice obviously is contributing as well. people dont buy that type of tire and not expect a change in ride quality....but the stock tires on wider rims will look goofy IMO. so do whatever u want/need to do. or just give me those and i'll let u keep your stock ones haha. jk

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I know its a little late now but, the Moto Metals are among the heavier aftermarket wheels. If I recall right the 18x9's I once looked at(951s and 956s I think) were 38lbs a piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So whats a lighter good wheel and and a 285 tire thats not that rough but cool looking, any suggestions....And do they make an 8in wide wheel for 18s....

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Im really surprised you get a rough ride out of that combo. The Nittos, despite being a 10 ply "E" rated tire, should be one of the smoother ones out there. The Motos should be a good wheel as well. What kind of air pressure are you running? If youre running 50psi then, ya its gonna be rougher than say 35-40. I guess a rough ride is subjective.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im running about 35 psi and it seem like it affects my acceleration and the it feels heavy now, I guess just use to stock, think Im going to return them for my money anyway...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2010 Tundra, just put some MotoMetal wheels on them which are 9in wide compared to the 8in wide stock, I had 275 65 18 tires bfgs and I put 285 65 18 Nitto Terra GRappler and they feel really heavy and rides like crap, question is can I still put my 275 65 18 back on the 9in rim. Does these sizes fit either rim size, the 8 or 9in rim...Thanks
You can use a 9 in rim with the bfg's. You're just on the wide side. Did you go to 10 ply Nitto? No wonder it's heavier... Try a 285 in Cooper Zeon LTZ - 8 ply tire

Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts