Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm sorry to see this and hear what happened to your truck.

I hope that things get settled for you and you can buy another.

I'm just glad that it was only the truck and that you're still here and able to post.

Good luck. :):tu:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
dang, that stinks. what are your plans for next vehicle? another tundra?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you ever see the movie Doc Hollywood? Be careful of ******* mechanics that say with little confidence, "...I think I can fix that..."

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ouch . sorry man. if they let you take any parts if it is totalled, please PM me. I would love a backup cam, or homelink mirror.

sorry again.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch . sorry man. if they let you take any parts if it is totalled, please PM me. I would love a backup cam, or homelink mirror.

sorry again.
dont have the home link mirror or back up camera, the truck was supposed to get a huge aftermarket stereo installed so i didnt get those options on it

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever see the movie Doc Hollywood? Be careful of ******* mechanics that say with little confidence, "...I think I can fix that..."

HOPEFULLY they will total it, i do not want that truck again. and IF they make me fix it, im going to take it to my dealerships bodyshop and have them go through every single inch of that truck.. but again hopefully there will be no need to repair it

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Wow! Actually, the damage does not look as bad as I expected based on what you posted Saturday. Not trying to minimize, and yes I would say it is totaled, but to get hit like you explained that you did, not too awful bad. Another example of Newton's second law F(orce) = M(***) x A(ccleration). Again, glad to hear you are ok, sorry about the truck.
(Oops. Looks like the forum Gods did not like MASS broken in two. )

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Actually, the damage does not look as bad as I expected based on what you posted Saturday. Not trying to minimize, and yes I would say it is totaled, but to get hit like you explained that you did, not too awful bad. Another example of Newton's second law F(orce) = M(***) x A(ccleration). Again, glad to hear you are ok, sorry about the truck.

ya the pics really suck. when you see it in person you can see the real damage. the lot it was towed to right now wont let you take pics so i had to sneak em real quick. the frame has a bend in it, but no creases or diamond bends. but the axel is jacked where the shocks bolt to it, and the driveline is sheared, part of it is still in the tranny.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Something tells me that they will not total it. They are going to look at the value of the vehicle and the costs of the repair and make their decision based off of that. The value is still very high and it does not look like there is any frame damage....from the pics posted. The costliest parts of the truck were not damaged (cab, engine, tranny, no air bags deployed) so thats why I think they will attempt to fix it.

If they do fix it...make sure you get the money that is owed to you for depreciation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
HOPEFULLY they will total it, i do not want that truck again. and IF they make me fix it, im going to take it to my dealerships bodyshop and have them go through every single inch of that truck.. but again hopefully there will be no need to repair it
Sorry for your misfortune. I don't blame you, its damaged goods now. That really blows....just make sure you bring it to a bodyshop you can trust, and not one the ins. company tells you to. Good luck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Something tells me that they will not total it. They are going to look at the value of the vehicle and the costs of the repair and make their decision based off of that. The value is still very high and it does not look like there is any frame damage....from the pics posted. The costliest parts of the truck were not damaged (cab, engine, tranny, no air bags deployed) so thats why I think they will attempt to fix it.

If they do fix it...make sure you get the money that is owed to you for depreciation.
im going to tell em i dont feel safe in the truck, and am gonna refuse to get back in it.. basically be an @55hole. i bought a new truck, and i want a new truck..i havnt even paid the first payment yet...

·
Registered
98 Posts
im going to tell em i dont feel safe in the truck, and am gonna refuse to get back in it.. basically be an @55hole. i bought a new truck, and i want a new truck..i havnt even paid the first payment yet...
Have you consulted an attorney? Might be a good time to start having a sore neck if they give you a real hard time......;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you consulted an attorney? Might be a good time to start having a sore neck if they give you a real hard time......;)

im not sure how the division of who's fault the accident is going to be. also the other guy tried to do the same soar neck thing, but then refused medical treatment. the cops said he was not injured and said if he tries to sue me to summon them to testify if needed. im not going to try to get money off this, just get a new truck.

edit: and a buddy of mine is an attorney, hes got my back and as soon as the accident report comes back from the cops he's going to be working with my insurance to stick it to the other guys insurance company. hes pretty good at what he does so im not too worried yet.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I dont see where the frame is bent? But from what I see, I dont think its totaled either--

but Im like you I would hope it is so I could get another New truck without any damage. Wouldnt be so bad if it was 3-4 years old but brand new and this happens sucks!!

·
Banned
888 Posts
Bad lick you got tagged before the first payment :cry:
Personally I dont see enough damage to warrent anything but repairs.
It would be cool if you could end up with replacement settlement but honestly it isnt that bad.

Best Of Luck !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont see where the frame is bent? But from what I see, I dont think its totaled either--

but Im like you I would hope it is so I could get another New truck without any damage. Wouldnt be so bad if it was 3-4 years old but brand new and this happens sucks!!
ya to see how the frame is bent you would have to be laying down under the truck taking a pic up, but i was sneaking these pics cause the yard doesnt allow pics of cars on their property. so i had to work fast while i was getting my "personal property" out of the truck. i really hope its totaled though

·
Registered
848 Posts
i would hope they total it BUT in my experiance i doubt they will the damage looks like it is less then 14K .. i cant see any frame damage the way pics are taken ... alot has to do with what kinda moood the adjuster is in ... if he is a cool guy he will total it but legaly they dont have to its up to them ... if the frame is bent then i would say its a 80% chance its totaled...

but if i saw this in a wrecking yard near me i would pick it up and fix it ....

·
Registered
430 Posts
Make sure you sure there when the adjuster is there, you can help him rack up the damage and if its close to being totaled Im sure you can persuade him a few 1000.00 to total it---maybe:eek:

·
Registered
528 Posts

I would be the same way my friend

1 - 20 of 65 Posts