Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's Up my fellas.

Get this. I got a 2005 Toyota Tundra and the damn transmission is starting to slip or something. it feels like the whole damn things gonna fall out from under the car.

I live in the los angeles area near Hollywood. can anyone recommend a good repair place? im thinking bout just taking it here cuz its right down the street from where i live. Toyota of Hollywood | Toyota Los Angeles | New Toyota & Pre-Owned Toyota Dealership | Los Angeles Toyota Parts & Los Angeles Toyota Service

hit me up fellas, i'd appreciate it.
latez :tu:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
1. Did ya tow with this truck?
2. How many miles is on this truck?
3. Has transmission ever had a service or fluid level checked?
Good luck with getting it repaired and most rebuilds are above 2K + and most 05's are going to be past drive train warranty time/mileage criteria so hold on hard! I know that Toyota says they are good for 100 or K unless ya Tow but i think they have lost it as far as thinking their fluids are that great! I strongly suggest finding a Toyota Master tech that knows what he is doing and if you find one he will hook you up! Keep us updated and once again Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
I have a 2004 DC with 150,000 miles on her. I tow at least half of those miles and some of what I tow is pretty darn heavy at close to 6,000 lbs. No problems but I do nearly all of my maintenance myself (including destroying the rear LSD with a hammer).

I would say to do a transmission flush and see what comes out. I would be surprised if there is any internal damage there but depending on what the previous owner did with it you never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts