Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be finally getting my Crewmax later this month. I am getting the TRD off road package which comes with P275/65R18 BFG Rugged Trail T/A's. I have done some research and understand these to be good tires, but am running BFG All Terrain T/A KO's which I am running on my Sequoia and love them. Occasionally while hunting I will rely on 4wd and may have to pull through some mud, and like the increase grip on wet conditions the AT KO's afford. What I understand is BFG offers a P285/65R18 All Terrain KO tire. They are 10mm wider and approximately 1/2" taller. Will they fit on the new Tundra? I want to keep everything stock and not use any offsets or a lift. How good are these Rugged Trail T/A's coming on the Tundra? They look fairly pedestrian, but what I understand is they are a good tire. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think there was a thread a month or so back that had pics of a silver dc with the 285 65 18 BFG AT tires you mentioned on stock trd rims, no lift.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I did a search and found the thread. There is mention the BFG AT KO's are 10 ply, and the Rugged Trails are 4 ply. I seem to not be able find this on the BFG website.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The stock rugged trails are not great tires - I've had them on past Tacomas I've had and they don't seem to be good anywhere. Street or offroad. They are passenger car rated while the AT's are light truck rated. Also the AT's have a 3 ply sidewall so they are stiffer and much more durable and you can air them down when you go offroad. I've got an '07 regular cab Tundra with carved 20's and I'm planning on putting on a set of BFG AT's on it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've got an '07 regular cab Tundra with carved 20's
Nice combo, please post a pic!!!!

AS for the 10 ply, that sounds about right for a tires that size for a pick up, you might want to call or email BFG and have them confirm

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good information and thanks for posting up. Now, what's my resale market on these Rugged Trail A/T tear offs in 18"?

·
Registered
699 Posts
IMO these rugged trail tires are no good. I was trying to climb this hill when I first picked my truck up it was raining a little bit wich made the grass slippery and could not make it. I have been up the hill before in my last tundra when it was raining and made it no problem. I blame the tires do not care for them at all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
IMO these rugged trail tires are no good. I was trying to climb this hill when I first picked my truck up it was raining a little bit wich made the grass slippery and could not make it. I have been up the hill before in my last tundra when it was raining and made it no problem. I blame the tires do not care for them at all.
need more skinny pedal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts