Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just had a TSB completed today by my dealer on my 2007 5.7 CM. Had to do with deformed baffles in the rear differential causing driveline noise. Dealer tells me the TSB came out in mid-December 2010. Unfortunately the TSB number is not on the Toyota work order. I had been tracking what sounded like a front driveshaft growl for a few months. It has been rapidly getting worse until it can be heard all the time. This TSB fixed it completely (so far). I am sorry that I didn't get the number but it could be important fro those who have some kind of differential or driveline noise. Cam.

edit CANADIAN TSB3527

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just had a TSB completed today by my dealer on my 2007 5.7 CM. Had to do with deformed baffles in the rear differential causing driveline noise. Dealer tells me the TSB came out in mid-December 2010. Unfortunately the TSB number is not on the Toyota work order. I had been tracking what sounded like a front driveshaft growl for a few months. It has been rapidly getting worse until it can be heard all the time. This TSB fixed it completely (so far). I am sorry that I didn't get the number but it could be important fro those who have some kind of differential or driveline noise. Cam.

edit CANADIAN TSB3527

I'm having a similar noise with my truck. Sounds like I may have a warranty battle on my hands.
If you could send me that TSB #, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
According to the tech I dealt with today there is a new TSB for the front differential. I had the old one for 07-08 models but it sounded like they released a new/updated one. Sorry I can't confirm but that's the impression I got, I'll check when I pick it up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Tundra TSBs

Hey,

Does anyone know what when I come to a stop my truck goes thud? I have heard it could be an issue with the drive-shaft? what experiences have you guys had with that? Is it covered under warranty?

·
Registered
66 Posts
T-sb-0147-11

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mee2008:
I brought the tsb posted above to the stealership and they just replaced the driveshaft. Completely fixed the problem. Kick in the sack is that I bought the vehicle as a CPO which was supposed to have all those tsb's taken care of. No hassle getting them to do it, just upset that I had to bring it up in order to get it fixed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just got this letter a few days ago about my Tundra that says "In certain 2012-2013 model year Tundra and Sequoia vehicles equipped with a 5.7 liter engine, the ECM calibration may cause an emissions control component called an Air Injection Pump to fail. The vehicle could enter 'Limp-Home' mode. This mode reduces power and speed. Please contact an authorized Toyota dealer and make an apppointment to your vehicles ECM calibration updated as soon as possible."

So I called my stealership and the girl at the front desk said she knew about it but it was the first one she has scheduled. I took it in and the guys in back tell me that there is no such issue and I'm incorrect. The girl up front had to pull up some crazy file and show them before they would fix it but they finally did. The letter says Limited Service Campaign at the top and I just thought you guys might want to check with your local stealership to see if you are in need of the work.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, i got mine done Friday. My dealer knew nothing about it, so they were shocked when I asked them about it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got this (air injection ecm recalibration) TSB done this past Saturday, actually contacted my local dealership Thursday about it. Seemed like they knew about it, stated it would take half a day but on the service report...it was .5 hours...humm...dunno...btw...register with toyota.com (owners section) and all the service alerts and recalls show up for your vehicle....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is this only a TSB or a recall? When I called to finally take my 08 CM in about the window switch recall they mentioned this one to me as a recall not a TSB. Truck goes in first thing tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone ever tried/had any luck getting the dealer to repair either the "inst panel rattle noise" http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40615 or the "gap between inst panel and A-Pillar" http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47631 TSB's lately?!

I've recently noticed both of these issues on my 08 that I bought as a CPO from a dealer that's about 500 miles from here. I've had their "sister-dealership" that's only 30 miles away from me here do some work under the CPO portion (during the initial 1 year window) and they were great, but I'm obviously well outside of the 3yr/36k mile "comprehensive warranty" window that both of the TSB's that I mentioned state they are good for.

Any suggestions on how to convince Toyota or the dealer that they should do them for me cost-free? I.e. It was a CPO when I bought it 2-years ago so it should've been done already...

Or has anyone had to bite the bullet and paid for one or both of these out of pocket (either doing the work yourself or just having Toyota do it for you)? Neither of them look too time-intensive, and both could be done at the same time, since all the same pieces have to be removed to get to each item.
The only thing I see is that the new A-Pillar trim pieces are probably $100 a piece and new clips for the dash will likely be $30 or $40 bucks (with my luck).

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
279 Posts
TSB 0121-08 Rev 2.
Now includes 2009 to 2011 models.
Driveline "growl" at low speed.

My truck was a later truck that the VIN listing in this TSB but was covered under the 6yr/60k powertrain warranty for the exact same issue and noises.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I contacted Toyota Canada today regarding an issue I'm having with the wheels on my 09 TRD after getting the cold shoulder approach from the service manager at the dealership where I bought my truck. My truck has the 7yr/160,000 km ECP warranty, and the wheels are pitting really bad, looks like a rash broke out all over each wheel. My truck is 6 years old but only has 68,000 kms on it, so it's still in excellent condition otherwise. I just happened to notice that there is a TSB for these wheels in the US, apparently some are showing signs of cracking at the spokes, so I said may as well call up and give it a try. The person I spoke with sounded genuinely concerned and said I would hear back on the problem, possibly asking for pictures or that I have the wheels inspected for safety reasons at a certified dealer. I'm wondering if anyone else had problems with the clear coat coming off and the aluminum pitting on theirs, and if so, what was the outcome ? I'll be satisfied if they inspect them and find they are safe, but only if they go the extra step and have them refinished. My father's Camry is 2 years older, and hardly a blemish, so I know mine have a defect. Curious if anyone else had the same issue ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just picked up my (new to me) 2012 tundra 4X4 crewmax with 5.7L. I checked on that Edmunds site for TSB's for that year model. They list none but i am concerned with this "air injection ecm recalibration TSB " that I read about. Had this problem with my 2005 tundra and it was not cheap to repair. If this is a TSB then I want to get it repaired by Toyota. ANy help?? Thanks in advance

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
36 Participants
bfm1851
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing