Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my tundra was in the shop at the stealership, I had a rental to drive. A 2010 Camry LE. WOW! I was impressed with it's power and it was a 4 cyl. Nice car but didn't like sitting so low.

Anyway, I have my 02 Tundra AC V-6 back from a timing belt replacement all is good except for dropping $ 800.54 to have it done. Runs great, now my question is; I have the towing package and occasionally tow a 6x10 cargo trailer or a boat. Is it geared different for pulling?

I also (since it was new) noticed the cruise kicks in hard going uphill, I thought the motor was going to rap out and explode. I always take cruise off when going up steep inclines. The downshift just makes me too uncomfortable. I have other vehicles that don't do this. Is this common with this particular year of Tundra? The Camry I drove was smooth as a babies behind.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
344 Posts
All the tundra's from this genre down shift too far and rev too high on inclines when in cruise, doesn't matter what engine/tranny you have, its just how they are unfortunately.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course a manual wont do that! Duh! Lol:)

I figured they were all like that. :(

But another thing makes me wonder why stealership charges so much to flush and change fluids. $900 WTF?

·
Registered
108 Posts
They charge that much because some people pay it. You should see Mercedes owners. They aren't happy unless they pay 3 times as much... Sheesh.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't pay it. I will just do it myself. They recommend plug wires be replaced but the original ones are not cracked or brittle and it runs great. I will replace them anyway with the plugs (all Denso).

·
Registered
696 Posts
My T-100 used to do the same thing until I modded the air intake... :D

It's smooth as glass now going up inclines where it used to kick in hard just to git up the hill. You don't have to cut out a hole in yer air dam but definitely put the opening in the air stream. Not sure what you can use as a bellmouth fer the end though... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts