Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would enjoy this. I pulled up to a Dodge 2500 4x4 crew cab and thought my 06 DC 4x4 would look like the 3/4 sized "toy" everyone made it out to be. The homeowner kept on walking around the truck saying how nice it was, and asked how I liked the new body style. Imagine the look on his face had I pulled up in a 2007 Crew Max 4x4!

Check out the photo. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Looks 7/8's to me!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Dodge looks alot bigger ;)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks like a midget to me:D

I park my Tundra right next to my Dodge all the time and it's obviously a lot smaller in the width department. Of course, I kinda like my Tundra BECAUSE it's a little smaller. Drives/handles/steers pretty good and can still do a decent amount of work. Perfect for a light-duty rig in my book. Can't beat having the right tool for the job though. Picked up 4,000# of decorative stone the other night in the Dodge and it squatted about 3", just enough to level the truck. Still no need for 1st gear and pulls all the hills in 6th. Yeah, those Dodge's are lousy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My truck is pulled up quite a bit from the Dodge. The beds are almost the same height. We're talking maybe an inch or two difference with the Dodge. When you're looking from the rear of the driveway, they look even. My cab was quite a bit longer than his. His back door looked very small compared to the Tundra. The overfenders and design really won me over yesterday over the Dodge.

If I could change a few things on the Tundra, it would first be the turning radius, then to have the option for the gunmetal wheel color that the Sequoia offers. Silver is nice, but that gunmetal would look killer on my truck.

Next, I think I would change the entire appearance of the grill. These trucks look "skinny" in someones rearview mirror because of the narrow grill pattern. It's not horrible, but doesn't have the presence of other trucks.

Finally, I would enjoy getting a little better mpg. 14 isn't horrible for a crew 4x4 v8, but when I see the new 5.7's getting 16-18, I get jealous. I guess the several thousand I saved over the new model year pays for the gas, right?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, the beds are about the same height empty. Here's some pics I shot last night before unloading my Dodge. From the front, it's pretty clear to see the width difference. Just look at the windshield size. The crew-cab of the Toyota is a lot bigger in depth. My Dodge is a lot longer but it's an 8' bed. The Quad-cab isn't as big (seat depth/foot room) inside as the Tundra DC. It's really just a slightly larger extended cab with normal opening doors. The Mega-cab is a monster with an 8' bed...too big in my book.

From the rear, the Dodge sits about 3" lower....with 4,000# of stone in the bed.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks, I've owned a lot of trucks and these two are by far my favorites. The Dodge has 110k miles and no issues. The Tundra is just an awesome daily-driver (minus the sucking sound from the gas tank...). I'm southeast of zanesville. We were in Cincinnati and Columbus yesterday though. We get around....but always retreat back to the woods:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks alot smaller to me too. Of course you are Buckeye Fan, so you probably thought your football and basketball teams were equal to Florida's as well. Just kidding you. I was pulling for the scarlet and gray as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts