Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well been looking for a replacement for my F250. I been hitting the Forums like wild fire these last couple weeks. I looked at Titans and Tundra this week and have to say I am placing my order for a Tundra DC 5.7 TRD package. I have not really seen or heard from anyone about that many issues with the Tundra. However a post that I saw on the Nissan forum site made me think Im not doing this again. I had a Nissan frontier with 4 rear ends replaced so to me quality was a flaw with them. I saw a post that Titans are coming in with the shock bolts gone even after 50 miles! And then another one that said they are notorious for loose bolts and nuts.

My F250 was flawless, but it is just way to much truck to be a daily driver. I want something with power and good dependability. I think I will make a wise decision. Any thoughts about Toyota build quality? I want it to be a truck I will pay off and keep for a very long time. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Well been looking for a replacement for my F250. I been hitting the Forums like wild fire these last couple weeks. I looked at Titans and Tundra this week and have to say I am placing my order for a Tundra DC 5.7 TRD package. I have not really seen or heard from anyone about that many issues with the Tundra. However a post that I saw on the Nissan forum site made me think Im not doing this again. I had a Nissan frontier with 4 rear ends replaced so to me quality was a flaw with them. I saw a post that Titans are coming in with the shock bolts gone even after 50 miles! And then another one that said they are notorious for loose bolts and nuts.

My F250 was flawless, but it is just way to much truck to be a daily driver. I want something with power and good dependability. I think I will make a wise decision. Any thoughts about Toyota build quality? I want it to be a truck I will pay off and keep for a very long time. Thanks in advance!
You've made a good choice.

I've been thru 5 toyota trucks since 1990 & i can honestly tell you that the problems i've had have been very minor.
They have never left me stranded nor have they ever broke down.
Problems have been: 1990 2wd p/u--flawless & no rattles til 100k+.
97 tacoma 2wd--flawless, 98 tacoma 4x4--virtually flawless w/ slight noise in dash, 2000 tundra (rumored to be the most problem toyota ever) it never let me down, yeah i had a minor problem w/ brake rotor's being warped, & aftermarket trailer hitch breaking the frame(I more than likely caused that), but other than that, flawless. 02 tundra--couple noises in dash that's it, now 07 tundra---good so far, we'll see.

I'm confident you will be pleased with your decision.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Toyota build quality is (IMHO) still one of the best. Is the build quality that of recent years? NO! But, that is due simply to the fact that Toyota is producing more vehicles as they are about to become the #1 auto manufacturer (surpassing GM). And, the more vehicles you build, the greater chance you take on having a higher number of problems. However, Toyota has never let me down as I have had great luck with their vehicles. And, the 07' Tundra is the least of my worries as this vehicle is probably the most important vehicle launch in history and Toyota wanted to get it right. (I owned a Titan and it was horrible)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts