Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tundra Storm Trooper back from the shop today after getting tailgate handle, chrome rear bumper, and Paramount black mesh grille color matched. Intalled TRD Sparks color matched door handles. Lowered 2" front with Belltech adjustable height struts and 4.5" rear with Tundra Racing adjustable flip kit. Put on the all black 26" Lexani LX7 with Pirelli 305/30/26 tires. No trimming or cutting and still have full turning without any rubbing. Philips 6000K hids in headlights and fogs. Replaced almost all other lights inside and outside with leds from V-Leds. Running custom Flowmaster dual in/out Super44 with side exit 3.5" tips.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks great for a lowered truck. Actually the best lowered crewmax I've seen. Just need something under the doors to complete it, not running board or a step, but a piece of white fiberglass to cover up the lip under the door sills.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Truck is fine. However I don't like the wheels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like it!
Color Coded Tonneau cover would make it look better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like it!
Have you thought of a color coded tonneau cover

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great. I think you should finish off the storm trooper look with tinted tails. (just my opinion)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sweet looking truck you got there!

·
Registered
407 Posts
That is one of the nicest and cleanest lowered truck setups I've ever seen - and I'm not even a huge fan of lowered trucks! But that looks bad ass and "Storm Trooper" is the perfect name! I agree about tinting the tail lights. Nice truck man.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
looks cool...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
my thoughts:

love the color (obviously). love the taillights.

not usually a lowered truck fan but that one looks good, although the rims are too big. just not into a rubber band tire...22 is probally the biggest i think looks good w/o going overboard. but i like the black rims on that truck. i do think it would look good with a painted tonneau cover to cover the black bed rail plastic, etc...to continue that monochromatic look.

not so sure on the grill, for some reason the ones w/o the eyebrow just look entirely too "Thick" on teh surround and too small on the opening..and just black plain mesh there looks kind alike something is missing...but its not really bad, just not what i would have chosen...

too bad they didnt color match the sensors in the bumpers too (lots of manufacturers color match them so tehy can be painted)...

the gray lower bumper panel would look good black (too many shades/colors going on up there now), but dont do it white...from teh ones ive seen on light colored trucks it looks horrible...but black would go with the headlights and grille....

and lastly, the redneck'd angle exhaust tips dont go with the truck at all....they would look fine on rockstate's ranch hand redneck truck but not on a lowered truck...your truck would be perfect with some more like TRD style ones or even before the axle (not too much room though on a CM with a shorty bed)...but def not the redneck cowboy style angled out the sides like that....

but overall, awesome truck. kinda makes me want to pull my lift and chrome off and go that direction haha

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys. not a fan of the tonneau covers and had a stealth retrax cover, but it broke and i find it easier to use the bed without the cover. tails are getting tinted soon....just hesistated on those because tinted tails aren't legal in hawaii and will cause me to fail the annual vehicle inspection. exhaust is getting fixed today and want to do turndowns right after the muffler, but that's also illegal in hawaii and will result in a loss of low end torque (not sure what we're gonna do with the exhaust yet).

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
just keep the exhaust the same just put some turn downs tucked up in that open area behind the bumper and no one will see them...or just barely sticking down...just not those big huge tips on a lowered truck....

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Clean, sharp and almost perfect the way it is! Fantastic job with the look! Yes, I would tint the tails. I kind of like the exhaust the way it is because not many have it like that. Your truck is unique. I would put thoe wheels on my truck for sure. I wish that I could do a straight up trade with someone for some black wheels in 22s or bigger in the same excellent shape as mine........

Great job!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tigerking - if you like your wheel style you could always have your wheels powdercoated or painted black.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Looks good, only thing I'd change myself is to paint some additional parts gloss black to match the wheels (black portion of rear bumper, lower portion of front bumper, fog light bezels) as well as remove the mattle black tape from the B pillar and either have the center cap white or the lug nuts white to tie in the wheels with the rest of the truck.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts