Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

We want to thank the customers and forum users that have supported us, because of your strong recommendations we have decided to seek advertising opportunities here on TundraSolutions (I’m sorry I do not know everyone’s user name on here).

Since TundraPart.com just recently signed up to support the site we’re kicking off an introductory sale that will last until August 31, 2010 8pm EST.

The coupon code will be available only for TS members for a discount of 10% off of everything on our site Tundrapart – Your source for the orginal Tundra Fog Light Kit | Fog Lights .

Coupon code: tundrasolutions

(all lower case and with an “s” at the end)
Enter code at checkout.

*Please do not post our coupon code to other sites so that we may track the usage of this code on this site.

We are a small group that has grown due to the success of our prewired fog lamp kits that utilize an OE quality illuminated switch. We redesigned our original box in March so that customers may be able to identify our product. We are currently being sold in many dealerships in the Southwest region and are expanding every day with the help and support of our loyal customers and friends. Look for our box at your local dealerships!!!

If you have any questions regarding our lights and / or installation please feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions at [email protected] . We have a perfect track record of answering 100% of our inquiries and have committed to helping our customers through the entire installation process. We have new products coming out shortly within the next 4-8 weeks that we’re excited to release to site members first…. Again! Thank you all for everything!

-Tom

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: the discount code also works for our individual switches for those that want to utilize our OE style switch. Thanks for checking in!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been wanting these for a while now, especially to get rid of the 2 black plastic holes on the front of my truck. Does this kit come with everything I need to install on a 2010 Tundra Grade model? Thanks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not to butt in...but yes, it should. You need to check if your grade has the pre-wired harness for the foglights (take off wheel-well cover and if it's there, it will be hanging right next to the foglight opening). My 2010 DC grade 4.6L was pre-wired. There are non pre-wired kits...but you need to specify as the pre-wired is somewhat easier/quicker to install. You also need specify if you have a chrome bumper or plastic bumper. There are different housing connectors for each type. It's a great kit and was my first mod...

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the 2nd batches of switches were all reddish orange. It comes from the factory with the LED set in place but I suppose with a bit of soldering you can change it to any color you want.

To Volfan, most all V8's with chrome bumpers are pre-wired. Should you not be pre-wired for some rare case... just let me know i'll take care of it for you! :)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Just curious here but when these first came out they were $199 ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey Tundrapart, lower the price back to $199 like it was before it got popular and you will probably sell more. I was going to purchase but since the price has increased by 50% I will most likely be buying the PIAA kit elsewhere.

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I cannot get the cost down to $199 and stay in business... :cry3d: There are a number of variables that prevent that, and part of it was a learning curve. These kits have gone thru several revisions since development and after about 3 years of improving the product we are now getting into Toyota dealerships. The truth is we had to fight nail and teeth to keep retail from raising. The kits were always retailed at $299 but a few were sold at $199 during special pricing while we were still fine tuning the product. It was a really good deal then!!! :)

The PIAA kits might be great for its purpose but you have to account for additional costs for fog light housing and OE illuminated switch that we incur, factor in pre-wired option and ease of installation with our kits. I don't want to turn this into an A vs B scenario but if you search yourself I hope you'll find our kits are made with quality from hardware to installation procedures.

Again "tundrasolutions" coupon code will knock off about 10% off your entire order. It works for all products bought on our site. Thanks for all your inquiries and concerns. :ts:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hey Tom sorry for the off topic here but is the blue tundra yours? I love those LED tail lights, look 10x better than stock since they don't have the curves. What are your thoughts on them?

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The blue one is a sponsored by us and belongs to one of our customers. The tail lights look great when brake is engaged, the LED's are very defined. I'll take pics to show you guys the difference and post a thread on them one of these days.... I actually have these LED tails on another car and they've held up perfectly well for me for over 3 years. We are actually about a week or two away from carrying several different tail lights....

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Really now... Hmmm depends on pricing I'll be willing to buy!

Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Tom,

I sent you an email a few days ago, but haven't heard back, so I thought I would post it here.

I am interested in purchasing your kit, but I have a couple of questions.

1st, I am assuming that the HID fog light kit works with your fog light kit and is essentially a bulb replacement for the bulbs that come with the fog light kit, is that correct?

2nd, I live in Alaska, do you ship by USPS Priority Mail with Insurance? If so, what would the shipping cost be to ship your Fog Light Kit and the HID Fog Light Kit to zipcode 99687 (Wasilla, Alaska)?

3rd, if you don't ship by USPS, how do you ship and what would the shipping cost be to ship these to my physical home address at zipcode 99654 (Wasilla, Alaska)?

Thanks!

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tom,

I sent you an email a few days ago, but haven't heard back, so I thought I would post it here.

I am interested in purchasing your kit, but I have a couple of questions.

1st, I am assuming that the HID fog light kit works with your fog light kit and is essentially a bulb replacement for the bulbs that come with the fog light kit, is that correct?

2nd, I live in Alaska, do you ship by USPS Priority Mail with Insurance? If so, what would the shipping cost be to ship your Fog Light Kit and the HID Fog Light Kit to zipcode 99687 (Wasilla, Alaska)?

3rd, if you don't ship by USPS, how do you ship and what would the shipping cost be to ship these to my physical home address at zipcode 99654 (Wasilla, Alaska)?

Thanks!
Hey Nick, I thought I replied back to you but apparently that failed.... alot of my emails outgoing from my MAC seem to be having issues but either way I'll gladly answer your questions here..

Correct, the fog lights will work with most aftermarket HID kits. Alot of the pictures we use for promotional materials are using HID's since the output is so much brighter. If you'd like I'm pretty sure I can get you the best pricing for the HID kits. PM me for details. Also if you check our website you can buy the HID kit there, (use the discount code here and it will knock off your total in the end price so you get a break for the fogs and HID as well.)

If you require signature confirmation / insurance we can add that for $5... otherwise we don't mind covering shipping to AK. :D

let me know if you have any additional questions! :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hey Nick, I thought I replied back to you but apparently that failed.... alot of my emails outgoing from my MAC seem to be having issues but either way I'll gladly answer your questions here..

Correct, the fog lights will work with most aftermarket HID kits. Alot of the pictures we use for promotional materials are using HID's since the output is so much brighter. If you'd like I'm pretty sure I can get you the best pricing for the HID kits. PM me for details. Also if you check our website you can buy the HID kit there, (use the discount code here and it will knock off your total in the end price so you get a break for the fogs and HID as well.)

If you require signature confirmation / insurance we can add that for $5... otherwise we don't mind covering shipping to AK. :D

let me know if you have any additional questions! :cool:
Thanks, I was referring to your HID kit working with your foglight kit. Do you have HID kits for the headlights?

BTW, I have placed my order, Thanks again!

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nick I sent you an email regarding your order to get you better HIDs on us! :) Yes we do have HID kits for the headlights as well, we've been wholesaling before and this retail side is new to us so we're trying to get everything up as quickly as possible. Your order will be shipped out today! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
UPDATE: the discount code also works for our individual switches for those that want to utilize our OE style switch. Thanks for checking in!!!
Tom,
:tu:THANK YOU!!!!!!:tu: I have a 2008 Tundra Dbl Cab "Grade" and my truck did not even have the wire harness for the foglights. So I bought and installed my aftermarket foglight system 2 years ago but have not been successful in finding a switch that will fit the OM blank. I absolutely RUFUSE to put in the bulky a** switch that came with my kit. I have just had my switch hanging under the dash until I needed to use it. BUT NOW...thanks to y'all, I can clean my install up and put in the dash switch. YEAH!!!!!!!:ts: I am a REAL happy camper. I too would like to have the orange/red LED that another T/S member mentioned in another post but I can't wait for that to happen! I ordered mine just now on your web site, www.TundraPart.com, and look forward to taking delivery of it as soon as you can ship. I have looked EVERYWHERE and have not found a switch to fit the OM blank. Just curious....Did y'all have to have that switch made to fit our dashes or did y'all just happen to find a vendor that happen to have that EXACT switch? Just wondering, that's all. Anyways..thanks again. Just a thought though...ever thought about posting the information about the availability of this switch in other areas of this forum? Ebay? Just wondering cause I bet cha could sell ALOT of them if only people knew about them. To tell you the truth, I only ACCIDENTIALLY found this thread while looking for something else. I am sure glad I did though. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joseph Gill

PS: Hell, I was so happy about getting this switch that I forgot to put my discount code "TundraSolutions" in the box to get my 10% discount. :cry3d: Oh well, if that is the only $5.40 discount that I don't ever receive, it will be alright!!!:D

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jaagee, I'll make sure we get a switch sent out to you asap! I really should advertise our switch more but we just don't because it's one of our kits best feature and we rather people buy our entire kit because the molds for our lamp holders were really expensive as well.

We had the switch made so no we do not source from another vendor. For a little switch it actually had quite a bit of research go into it as you'll see once you receive them. They had to be configured to be reversed polarity. The switch will be partially lit when the key is in the on position as with other cabin lights, once you engage the fog light (push) the entire switch will light up. It's a small detail but one we're proud of.

We recently tried designing a new HID bulb to fit into the headlights because regular HID bulbs are a pain to squeeze in between the housing and the fender, the shorter bulb didn't give off a nice beam so we scratched that idea. I only mention this because we're really trying to pump out thoughtful products for the Tundra, from switches to bulbs, if it can be improved - let us know!!!

Joseph, please post before and after picture of your switches, I'm glad you found what you were looking for! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not to butt in...but yes, it should. You need to check if your grade has the pre-wired harness for the foglights (take off wheel-well cover and if it's there, it will be hanging right next to the foglight opening). My 2010 DC grade 4.6L was pre-wired. There are non pre-wired kits...but you need to specify as the pre-wired is somewhat easier/quicker to install. You also need specify if you have a chrome bumper or plastic bumper. There are different housing connectors for each type. It's a great kit and was my first mod...

I have the 2007 Tundra grade with wiring harness behind bumper. There is not wiring under dash for the pre-wired kit. I ordered the pre-wired kit based on seeing the wires behind bumper. E-mailed Tundrapart and they replaced the needed wire harness for nonwired kit.
Tundrapart replies promptly and seems to be a great company. Very good quality products.
Hope this may save someone from having to reorder parts.
Paul Gilley

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tom, I'm trying to buy from tundrapart.com but I just keep getting "Sorry! Your voucher is invalid!" when entering tundrasolutions at checkout.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.