Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The teams been working on this project for a few months and have some initial pics to share with the community, I hope you'll enjoy. Our Lightbar features race ready tubes for structural integrity, NOT PIPING. You can move the entire truck by holding onto these light bars that feature square tube mounting, designed for uncompromising structural priority. The outside diameter is 2 3/4" gives the Tundra's front a nice chiseled aggressive look without looking bloated from large hollow designs. We tried skinnier tubes... then bigger tubes... we found 2 3/4" was aesthetically and functionally perfect.

Our initial design had been re-designed, then re-designed... and then finally re-designed to feature an entire Lightbar + Skid plate package, allowing Tundra owners the ability to upgrade their setup in tiers. There will be an add on skid plate that will mount up to the light bar for additional structural integrity, we hope to have all the finishing touches of the skid plate in final form in a few weeks.

We had initially used thinner off road lights to minimize the additional profile. Unfortunately standard HID bulbs were tad long, so custom shorter HID bulbs were designed.

However, resulting light output was poor by our standards :td: so we had to scratch the entire road lamp and started playing around with other options. All efforts were made to introduce the highest quality of products. We experimented with many different off road lights and have found the perfect selection that includes 5", 7" and 9" sizes resulting in superb light output and build quality :tu:.

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: TundraParts NEWEST Light Bar Sneak Peak

So after all the back and forth :argue:, we have our 1st prototype and are only awaiting for the final touches on the Skid Plate before we release the entire line up, which can be upgraded in tiers. We couldn't keep ourselves from releasing some initial photos, hope you guys like it as much as we do. :becky:

Here we had the Light Bar powder coated black and mounted with 3 lights. Two 7" lamps surrounding a 9" lamp. The 9" lamp is more than enough output for the front but when you're off road at night, angling the outside 7 inchers outward really helps broaden your vision.

Here there are NO lights installed but a good profile view so you can see the angle and mounting tabs. Notice the rounded tapered ends specifically designed to contour the Tundra :afro:

Profile with Lights

TWO 7" Lamps

Fog Lamp Covers

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

and more.....

Please excuse the extra glare, Our Tundra HID fogs were too bright.

Here we have the fog lamps on w/ HID and the 2nd pic is without the HID headlights on.

and of course we fired all these lights individually up with our TundraPart illuminated push button switches. We wired these lights up individually so you could turn on any light independently.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Very Nice.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

looks sharp. personally not a fan of the "already bent outward" look on the profile, but i know thats how its designed just never have liked it...but then again, this isnt for me anyway but for those who want it, it looks like a great product. one question, did you have issue with the light switch on the far left? that cutout if im not mistaking is slightly bigger for whatever reason....

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That 1st spot was originally intended for the crew max roll down back window so the cut out is slightly deeper. It is the only expansion bay that is like this. So when installing our switch into that slot, it would sit inside slightly more than the other expansion bays. All other expansion bays fit perfectly but in this case because we wired all the lights individually we ended up taking up all the expansion bays, normally we'd skip the 1st slot. Just some food for thought, don't know why Toyota did that but I suspect something to do with the nature of the electronic switch intended for the crew max requiring a larger plug back there.

PS. We're thinking of calling it the Dear Hunter Series, any advice?
PSII. Also we're coming out with an additional version that does not include the hoop bent outward for those looking for something more simple, if you're not a fan of that bent outward look I hope you'll like our convertible option. The bar is in powder coat and will be done w/ pics next week. This thing is extremely strong thanks to our square tubing brackets.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

How about something for the Sequoia guys? I have a Platinum with dynamic laser cruise control so I cannot go with a traditional bull bar nor do I like the look of a traditional bull bar.

Looking for something low key, this is my interpretation of what I'm looking for;
Notice to left of driver side fog light (dynamic laser cruise control that cannot be blocked)

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

it's too bad you're in Maryland, we'd love to see if this would work on the Sequoia seeing how the front subframe is real similar. It looks as though the Sequoia bumper would probably need to be modified to fit the thicker square tubing though. If there are any Sequoia's in SoCAL we'd love to test this theory.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts

Looks sweet and definitely something I would have waited for over the other light bars on the market. I went brush guard route instead..

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts

Wow, I love it!!! Very off-roadish while still being low-profile. :tu:

·
Registered
753 Posts

Looks sweet and definitely something I would have waited for over the other light bars on the market. I went brush guard route instead..

-rockstate
You have a brushguard? What model?

:p

-Tim

I knew rockstate would chime in on this thread hehe :D

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Interested, how much and when will you have it up for sale, any group buy?
we'll have more info this coming week as all phases should be finalized and pricing structure set. We expect to have some for sale as early as beginning of September.

AND YES!!! definitely going to do a super group buy!!!

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts

Tom, think that would work on the Gen1 Tundra? Looks sic! I'd love to put a bar like that on my '05. Definitely looks the part.
Are you guys using CAD software to design your prototypes?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Sweet!!...What would be really awesome is if you powdercoated them to match the buyers trucks too lol

(but really, that'd be sweet)

·
Registered
181 Posts

I'm liking the looks of that with the 2 lights. Would that bar be sturdy enough to use a High Lift on for those with a 3-6" lift? If so, it'd be nice to have a jack mounting point to make it easier to change front flats! I'd also like to see the angled back version.

David

·
Registered
422 Posts

looks good - I'd be interested in this.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

Don't forget about the Sequoia guys. I'm not averse to a one off either. I want something VERY low key (like in the pic I included), just enough for 2 Hella Black Magic lights.

·
Preferred Dealer
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Tom, think that would work on the Gen1 Tundra? Looks sic! I'd love to put a bar like that on my '05. Definitely looks the part.
Are you guys using CAD software to design your prototypes?
We designed the light bar to work on all years of Tundra and actually works with other trucks as well. The plan is to make mounting brackets to fit the other trucks, so to answer your question Yes this lightbar will fit the 1st gen Tundra when we finish the mounting brackets for installation. This might take about a month to do so.

We already mocked up the light bar w/ the 1st gen but never mounted it or taken exact measurements. So far it looks as you would expect it, we really like the bar size on modern trucks. I'll update everyone as they are ready, we expect the brackets for all gen Tundra's, Tacoma's, and the Silverado in a few weeks. Yes we use CAD software.

Sweet!!...What would be really awesome is if you powdercoated them to match the buyers trucks too lol

(but really, that'd be sweet)
That would be sweet and we probably could do it as special request with the additional cost of the special colors and misc fees if any. I suspect most people would want their bars in the normal blacks and silvers, if there are special coloring needs I'm sure we can work something out, it'd definitely make for some cool photos!

I'm liking the looks of that with the 2 lights. Would that bar be sturdy enough to use a High Lift on for those with a 3-6" lift? If so, it'd be nice to have a jack mounting point to make it easier to change front flats! I'd also like to see the angled back version.

David
We haven't tested these bars to be used as a lift nor do we expect to ever test that feature. If trucks have a 3-6" lift the bar would ultimately be lifted as high as well so I dont think it would even work out. We do not expect to produce an angled back version. The bar currently sits 25 degrees from vertical. At this position it serves well to clear some brush during off roading conditions to protect the car and fogs. The angle also allows for fog light clearance. I suspect you might want a convertible light bar which does not include the top hoop.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts