Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On of my pet peeves over the years has been people that drive happily down the road, with no intention of turning, with their freaking turn signals blinking away! Now it seems that I'm becoming one of these dreadful people. As I'm getting older my hearing is slowly getting worse. While driving along today my wife asked me, "Are going to keep you turn signal on indefinitely?" I looked down and sure enough the left arrow was blinking away! Is there any way to have the volume of the turn signal adjusted to be louder? You'd think that with all of the baby boomers [myself included] on the road the auto companies would consider a way to adjust the volume.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You should try US 19, in Pinellas & Pasco Counties here in FL. It will make you wonder how they (Snowbirds) drove down here and lived...............

·
Premium Member
5,456 Posts
On of my pet peeves over the years has been people that drive happily down the road, with no intention of turning, with their freaking turn signals blinking away! Now it seems that I'm becoming one of these dreadful people. As I'm getting older my hearing is slowly getting worse. While driving along today my wife asked me, "Are going to keep you turn signal on indefinitely?" I looked down and sure enough the left arrow was blinking away! Is there any way to have the volume of the turn signal adjusted to be louder? You'd think that with all of the baby boomers [myself included] on the road the auto companies would consider a way to adjust the volume.
I think you've just come up with a great idea for a new aftermarket device!! :tu::tu:

You should try US 19, in Pinellas & Pasco Counties here in FL. It will make you wonder how they (Snowbirds) drove down here and lived...............
I-95 near Boca can get fairly interesting too!
I followed an 18 wheeler for about 15 miles this morning on a two lane state road with his right turn signal on. He finally turned it off and then made a left without signalling! :eek:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Back in the day they made replacement flaasher units that were louder like this..
Amazon.com: Tridon LF12-K Flasher: Automotive
I'm just not sure if it work in our trucks., I'm also not sure if we even have a flasher module like this or just a simple relay.
I guess if you can't find anything you could always wire in a buzzer of some type to the current flasher relay. :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Connect it to the seat belt beeper. Then there will be no way to forget the turn signal. Actually, you will probably wish the turn would hurry and be over so the sound would quit.

Steve

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

Yes, and people that drive in the rain with their hazards on down here. Never understood that one either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same hearing problem. Drove a Mack truck some years back and bought a louder turn signal indicator from Napa. It worked great. For my 2012 Tundra, I spoke to Toyota and they don't have anything. Spoke to Napa and they said the Tundra has a module that doesn't come in a louder version. I am still looking.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,179 Posts
I have noticed the same phenomenon in my '07, so I scan the dash panel more frequently.

Maybe brighter yellow flashing indicators in the dash would help, green is camouflaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts