Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2010 Tundra double cab (trd). I use my vehicle for hunting and it is a priority to be able to shut the headlamps and possibly all exterior and interiors off during first light and last each day.

Does anyone have a solution other than pulling fuses, I thought maybe a toggle switch or series of them may work... but I am a newbie toyota owner and have no clue on the wiring etc.

Thanks for any tips guys,

Jon

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
You're probably on the right track with a toggle switch. Do you have a limited? I'm not good at this type stuff but I'll bump you back to the top. You could try to PM the member WT. He does some pretty cool stuff, but there are probably lots of guys that could help you. Good luck and welcome to the site.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
for the dash lights just turn down the brightness level to where they look off. If you have day time running lights you may need to pull the DRL relay to get them off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've tried all of the above on a 2009 for the same reason, hunting. If you can stand a buzzer, shut the rig off, step on the ebrake until it clicks once, start the truck. The lights will be off, but the buzzer will beep, as long as you can stand it.

My next attempt is to purchase a flasher unit for "non-DRL" same year vehicle.
These are tied to the flasher unit and I've been told it may work. Just don't want to spend $50 plus to try it.

Has anyone else found a solution, 08-09 are different than the 07 models which can be shut down by other methods.

Thanks

elknutz

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to get the dealer to reprogram the truck stop all sorts of things such as interior lights coming on, beep.headlight flash when using keyless remote. seatbelt warning beeps for DRIVER and passeger side....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the flasher unit for a Tundra that did not have DRL's. IT WORKS. You will have normal park lights that are not as bright as the DRL's and everything else works as they are supposed to. Cost at the Toyota dealer was $67 and worth every penny.

Flasher location: remove the lower panel under the steering wheel. Located in the upper left above the fuse box. If you're not sure, turn the signals on and listen for the location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts