Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new tire shine made by turtle wax, from walmart, works really well, shines like crazy, used on tires, and fender flares... cost 7 bucks, just a heads up, will post pics later!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I got the (I'm assuming) same stuff at Autozone on sale, 3 Turtle wax products for $10. Works well and looks great. Too bad I can't resist mud :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think in the detailing section there is a thread that compares different tire shine products, both the gel and spray varieties. It was concluded that Meguires extreme tire shine in the spray form was the best. extreme shine with no run-off or whipping off the tire onto the paint. So, I went and bought it and tried it out. Definetely the best tire shine product. It is super easy to apply and there are three different sizes to select depending on the thickness of your tire wall. It costs about 7$, but doesnt last as long as the gel variety. However, not many people know this but they sell it at Publix of all places for only 5$... what a steal!!!!!!

Check out that thread. Also, be carefull what tire shine you use, some are alcohol based and can dry out your rubber!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Only silicone based products attract the dust if you get a good water based product you won't have this problem.
Really? All the ones I tried made dirt attracted to the tires like flys are to you know what. Ill have to look into this, which ones are water based?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
Thread moved to Detailing forum.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Really? All the ones I tried made dirt attracted to the tires like flys are to you know what. Ill have to look into this, which ones are water based?
Poorboy's Bold & Bright
Adam's VRT
Chemical Guys VRP

Those three I am pretty sure are water based.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think in the detailing section there is a thread that compares different tire shine products, both the gel and spray varieties. It was concluded that Meguires extreme tire shine in the spray form was the best. extreme shine with no run-off or whipping off the tire onto the paint. So, I went and bought it and tried it out. Definetely the best tire shine product. It is super easy to apply and there are three different sizes to select depending on the thickness of your tire wall. It costs about 7$, but doesnt last as long as the gel variety. However, not many people know this but they sell it at Publix of all places for only 5$... what a steal!!!!!!

Check out that thread. Also, be carefull what tire shine you use, some are alcohol based and can dry out your rubber!!!
Agreed, Meg's is one of my favorites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts