Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions.....

1- WHAT...40K truck and no ball and hitch...what gives. Did anyone recieve one with there truck??

2- I recall test driving a CM with the moon roof opened, and when I heard a noise the salesman said it was the wind deflector adjusting to my speed...... Now in a different truck I am told the wind deflector does not have a motor??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Two questions.....

1- WHAT...40K truck and no ball and hitch...what gives. Did anyone recieve one with there truck??

2- I recall test driving a CM with the moon roof opened, and when I heard a noise the salesman said it was the wind deflector adjusting to my speed...... Now in a different truck I am told the wind deflector does not have a motor??
1- Now I may be wrong, but if memory serves me correctly I thought I read that the 5.7 V8 comes standard with a tow hitch. For all other engines, I believe you need to add the tow package. If you order an SR5 with the Appearance Package, it deletes the tow hitch from the vehicle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2- I'm not sure about that one.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If youre refering to the ball and "insert", then no they dont come with it on the tow package. However my neighbor just bought a new Tacoma last week and his had a 2" ball and insert under the rear seat. Same for my other neighbors new Nissan Frontier.

I dont have a moon roof so I cant be of much help on that

·
Registered
552 Posts
You need to get a hitch insert with proper drop, to match what you are towing, you need to get the ball size to match what you are towing. I don't think ball and hitch insert are ever included with a new truck. I'm sure you could negotiate a drop hitch and ball as part of buying the truck...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Two questions.....

WHAT...40K truck and no ball and hitch...what gives. Did anyone recieve one with there truck??

Seems like too many variables for a ballmount and ball to be included ( Vehicle height, Trailer height, etc. ). More info here: Trailer Hitch - Choosing the Right Ballmount. For my combo I needed a 2"/6000# ball with a 6" drop. I'm sure most people needed something else. It only cost about 39 bucks and like firetruck41 said, I'm sure you could negotiate $39 off the price. (In other words, if this is your biggest problem then you're in great shape :) )

·
Registered
8 Posts
The wind deflector on my sunroof changes angle at about 30 MPH and seems to reduce the noise at higher speed. There is a noticeable electrical noise when it changes angle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok....maybe I am being to picky with the tow ball and insert,:rolleyes: but every other truck i ever bought with a tow package had a insert for the hitch included.......
But as far as the moon roof wind deflector TundraBandit says he hears something electrical going on at around 30 mph......I need to take mine back out and check...but I don't believe it is moving with my speed

·
Registered
435 Posts
1- Now I may be wrong, but if memory serves me correctly I thought I read that the 5.7 V8 comes standard with a tow hitch. For all other engines, I believe you need to add the tow package. If you order an SR5 with the Appearance Package, it deletes the tow hitch from the vehicle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think he's referring to the ball mount, not the hitch. You are correct - all Tundras have the hitch, unless you get that sports series edition that does not have the hitch. The ball mount is an extra $69 on those models that have it included. You can get one for less at any Wal-Mart store.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The noise you hear is indeed the wind deflector. I had the same thing on my 4runner.Don't worry your truck is doing what it was designed to do.Salesmen are well known for their inaccurate information but this time he knew what he was talking about.:D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow! My bad. I had no idea that there was some kind of active motorized wind deflection going on with these moonroofs.:eek: :ts:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Canadian 07s come with a factory ball mount receiver. It is in the under seat storage along with factory wheel nuts as they also install keyed wheel nuts as part of the anti-theft. The tow and cold weather package are a standard offering

1 - 14 of 14 Posts