Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone know if I need to grease the u joints on the driveshaft on my '08 4X4?
I just responded to the same question on the Tundra page. My dealer tells me no but according to Toyota, there should be greasable fittings on the 4wd Sequoia. I'm going in to see the service manager next week and ask him why their tech says no grease, sealed shafts. I understand that the 4wd has fittings, 2wd does not. Mine is a 4wd.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you have 4wd then you DO have grease fittings and YES you should grease them. Use a molybdenum lithium grease, I think the valvoline ford grease is a moly fortified lithium grease that works.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea sorry, I posted over on the Tundra page since there is so little traffic over here. The propshaft does need to be greased.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yea sorry, I posted over on the Tundra page since there is so little traffic over here. The propshaft does need to be greased.
No reason to be sorry at all. I've posted the same issue a couple of times with not a lot of resolution. It's aggravating that a big toyota dealer, (like mine), is so incompetent with basic maintenance like lubing driveshafts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts