Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that someone in here has towed a UHAUL 12'X6' Trailer with a 2nd generation Tundra. I never towed a UHAUL product before, do I need an adapter for the lights input? any other measures I need to be aware of?
I checked in DYI section but found nothing.

08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L 4X4

Thank you in Advance.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You should be fine towing that little trailer with your tundra. You got a hitch right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 12x6 UHaul trailer I pulled years ago had a four pin connector with a 2" ball.
You towed it with a Tundra? and did you need an adapter for the 4 pins?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be fine towing that little trailer with your tundra. You got a hitch right?
I do yes, I wanna just to make sure that I d't need any adapter for the brake lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know what a "four pin connector" is?
Yes I do. my understanding is that a Tundra has a 7 pin connectors vs 4 pin in Uhaul...Am I correct? I never towed anything as of yet with my Tundra.

thx

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Yes. Go buy yourself a 7-4 pin adaptor (if in fact you have the 7 pin setup). You should always have one with the stock 7 pin setup.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Yes I do. my understanding is that a Tundra has a 7 pin connectors vs 4 pin in Uhaul...Am I correct? I never towed anything as of yet with my Tundra.

thx
Have you looked at the back of your truck? You have both. 7-pin and 4-pin. They're right next to each other lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@David.T That what I was told too, but I have only the 7 pin setup, no 4 pin setup -

@06 1D6 thank you, that what I was looking to confirm -

·
Registered
471 Posts
You should have both 7 and 4-pin connections on your truck; the 4-pin is to the right of the 7-pin. The last time I towed a U-haul, I had to buy one of the U-haul adapters since their trailer connection does not connect directly to either the 7- or 4-pin. See U-Haul moving supplies: Connect-A-Light 4 Flat

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
@David.T That what I was told too, but I have only the 7 pin setup, no 4 pin setup -
Did your truck not come with the tow package? Here's what mine looks like. You see the four pin to the right there, it's covered with a rubber cap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nopper, I don't have that 4pin side by side to the main 7 pin .... thx for the pix tho..

·
Registered
63 Posts
You towed it with a Tundra? and did you need an adapter for the 4 pins?
At the time I had an old GMC 3/4 ton. I've got both the 7 pin and the 4 pin harness on my '09 DC, so the whole which connector dilemma is moot now, for me. I wasn't sure if your '08 was the same as mine, that's why I only said what the trailer I pulled had. You know, with regard to the trailer wiring harness, there's no telling what UHaul has inventory wise, now. You may luck out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts