Toyota Tundra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got back from Bakersfield, CA. This set up performed perfectly in my opinion. Braking was spot on for the miles of 6 degree downgrade ride through the I-5 grapevine.

Thanks Charles for this recommended setup.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
That is great to hear! Thank you for the review and I am very grateful for your business. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Looking for the EBC black slotted front rotors, pads, and all six braided lines to 02879

I have been running EBC yellowstuff pads and they worked great, but have massive dust issues and a very short life span.
I am open to options, but they have to perform. Fast truck that tows 9K lbs from time to time. Have not had good experiences with ceramic.

Thanks,
jon

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
EBC yellow is going to be the top of the line pad from EBC, the red is a mix pad that will have less dust, but wont have as good of stopping power, although still a big upgrade from stock.

Have you tried Hawk SD pads?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 07 Tundra sr5 4x4, which is used primarily to tow my fiberglass bass boat. I also have a litewgt cabover camper (1300 lbs), which I use 5 times a year. Needless to say, my vehicle is definately max out. On a recent trip, I experienced some braking vibration on a downhill slope. My question, will your Ultimate brake package solve this problem? What is current price? Shipped to Phx.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
This will solve your braking issues and with the vibration of the rotors being warped. As far as installation this is a OEM replacement on all parts. It involves removing lines, rotors, and pads and replacing them with the new ones. The only complicated part is bleeding the brake lines. The price for the whole set of rotors, pads, and lines is $810.00 shipped in the Lower 48 states. If you order today i can offer the special 1 week pricing of $765.00 shipped.
Call me to place the order because i have to manually discount the price in the computer.
Thanks,
[email protected]
--
BJ Jaraba
AJ USA, Inc.
6620 Mira Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121
800-877-1911 x142
[email protected]
AJUSA.com

I have an 07 Tundra sr5 4x4, which is used primarily to tow my fiberglass bass boat. I also have a litewgt cabover camper (1300 lbs), which I use 5 times a year. Needless to say, my vehicle is definately max out. On a recent trip, I experienced some braking vibration on a downhill slope. My question, will your Ultimate brake package solve this problem? What is current price? Shipped to Phx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just sold one of these Brake Kits.. These ultimate brake braking kits are Awesome to say the least. Please let me know how it works out for you Mike. Thanks [email protected]
Thanks for arranging the package deal BJ. The long story short is I've only managed to install the front pads & rotors so far, nasty cold weather up here makes working in an unheated barn kind of unpleasant.

I'll post again after more break-in time but so far they feel great and no more brake pedal pulsations. I can't wait to experiment with fast stops. Cheers,

Michael

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Tuesday Bump

Complete front and rear performance brake system for
$810 delivered!
(CA add $62.75 for tax)
$620 without lines.

Normal AJ web price is $957.24 for the same items, which is already some of the lowest pricing online!

To Order:

Email [email protected]
or
Call 800.877.1911

Prices subject to change without notice

·
Registered
53 Posts
So on the Gen 2 Tundra the Hawk LTS pads are considered better than Akebono Premium Ceramic pads? I have used Akebonos on my Maxima and a couple of friends' cars and those pads have been pretty darn awesome for spirited daily drivers.

Just curious.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm considering ordering this brake kit. My 07 has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned, but the stock brakes have just been so so. In my experience, the stock rotors warp pretty easily. Has everyone been pleased with the performance of this aftermarket kit?

61 - 80 of 110 Posts