Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

While I don't expect folks to respond on this like free pie, I wanted to show this anyways. We've put together the "ultimate" 5.4L stroker kit for the 2uzfe. The customer specified that his HP goal is 2000-2500HP, and this is the best rotating assembly I could come up with. Components included are:

Custom billet 9310 5.4L stroker crankshaft

Custom Spec Crower Titanium 5.4L stroker connecting rods, heavy duty construction, .927" pin

Billet JE pistons, w/ 3mm oversized valve reliefs, reinforced crown, reinforced bracing, .927" oversized pin ceramic coated crown, anti-friction coated skirts, double pin oilers

.927" 9310 hardend steel pin, THICK wall, DLC coated

ACL coated bearings

Nitrided rings

Thanks!

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Why do you have to post this? Too bad I can't afford buying it. Thanks for posting pictures, I love seeing them.

·
1,770 Posts

·
1,770 Posts
Eric... how many grams are the Pauter and Crower Rods?

I see the Titanium rods are 428 grams. Curious to find out the weight differences over the 4 1/2 times more expensive titanium rods. I'm sure others would love to know too.

Also, What are the maxiumum HP/TQ ratings the Crower and Pauter rods can take?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah I guess my truck would really fly with 2000-2500 HP !! I could even give up my TRD Supercharger.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eric... how many grams are the Pauter and Crower Rods?

I see the Titanium rods are 428 grams. Curious to find out the weight differences over the 4 1/2 times more expensive titanium rods. I'm sure others would love to know too.

Also, What are the maxiumum HP/TQ ratings the Crower and Pauter rods can take?
Hi James,

The weight diffrence is quite a bit. The HD Ti rods are 450 grams, and the CrMo Pauters are ~720 grams. Comparable Manley steel rods are over 800 grams as I recall. Max rating on the Pauters and Ti rods is academic unless the motor is being pushed to the ragged edge. Where the Ti rods really come into play at high rpm. The Ti rods along with lightweight pistons take 8/10's of a pound off the rotating assembly, per cylinder. That's a total of over 6.5 pounds off the entire assembly.

Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I came, I saw, I fell in love.
Then I remembered my bank account.
Now I am depressed, heart broken, and needing a morning beer. Thanks for posting. :beer:

what happened to that twin turbo set up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
yea lextream makes a stroker kit to and to have it done is around 10k must be nice.....

i love my toyota i do ..... its been a great truck ... and for being a 4.7 gen one tundra and running in the 13s it fast ... BUT... it will be the last toyota i ever one.... b/c parts are to high and there is "NO " aftermarket for them.... with the money i have spent on this truck i could have a chevey runnin 11s

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Lextreme makes a stroker I think, but if we're honest they are night and day. I understand about the frustration when it comes to toyota aftermarket. The gentleman who ordered both of these kits previously ordered two Sonny Bryant motors and they were over 1000 lbs each, JUST the motors. For the type of racing these guys do, that weight is holding them back.

Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wish sombody would build a stroker kit for the 4.7 that the avg Joe could afford. Decent steel rods, cast or forged pistons, cast or forged steel crank...2Price it at $2 to $3,000. Put it in a somewhat stock engine in a Tundra, ecu reprogrammed etc...Show good gains in hp and torque and you could sell a few. Just helped build 2 stroker sb Ford 302's for a couple of friends. 347 stroker kit was like $2000. Both engines dynoed 400hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a hard task for the Tundra,.... [edit below]

I stand here with my foot in my mouth, there MAY be a way to produce an affordable, stroker kit that uses it's own custom crank. It won't be easy, but on the surface the numbers look possible. I will PM a few people here to find out if it's worth it, the pricing may be ~$3000 if we can get enough folks interested.

Thoughts?

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
That would be cool. I have 2 spare engines (2uz-fe) to play around.
Its sad to see custom crank as expansive if not costing more then my whole truck, I am not talking about any additional parts like pistons, rods, etc... :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
WOW! Is this kit headed to the middle east?
I'ts getting turbos i assume?
On youtube you can find these insane landcruisers with what they call "balloon" tires smoking lamborghinis.

like this one
wow, that is crazy

1 - 20 of 40 Posts